Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   blizzard warning for tomorrow... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blizzard-warning-tomorrow-t209259.html)

FabricHeaven 12-27-2012 01:00 PM

All of you up north stay warm, cozy and safe! We got high winds from the storm and the plants in my little front garden resemble stick figures with all of their leaves blown off. I am also tidying up my sewing spot from Christmas projects and am getting two quilts ready for my LAQ. I made my first large quilt tops for my grandsons and when they unwrapped them on Christmas they were so excited that tears came to my eyes. The boys are 12 and 13 and I can hardly wait for the quilts to be quilted and give the boys the finished gifts. Jan we are all thinking of you!

sewdamncute 12-27-2012 06:14 PM

I am amazed at how calm you guys are at the prospect of a blizzard...I start to shudder when the weatherman says "flurry"! Then I can't sew once it starts because I spend my time going from window to window fretting about it! I am looking forward to going home to AZ! Stay safe everyone:thumbup:

ThreadHead 12-27-2012 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by 117becca (Post 5740588)
So which quilting project shall I finish first????

Actually, it's marking this one quilt that I've been working on. Then I hope to finish the back so that I can baste it on Thurs...

Now, where's the shovel and where's the salt for the steps????:eek:

Yeah, we are having a cold spell today, it's 62, he hehe

quiltingcandy 12-27-2012 09:25 PM

We are having very cold days right now - I went out even though it was 59 degrees out there.

GrannieAnnie 12-27-2012 09:31 PM

There's a couple gals on here that had better be looking for some place to hide-----------we'd love to see 45, for sure 59 and 62!

117becca 12-28-2012 03:47 AM

I'm gonna throw a shoe at all of them before they go to hide!!! ;) I did get my quilt basted yesterday and it is on the frame and i've started quilting. Estimated time of completion: end of June....

mommessy 12-28-2012 03:52 AM

We're expecting some snow too.....so it's off to organize my sewing room after the Christmas rush! Wish I had more storage space!

maviskw 12-28-2012 08:13 AM

Blizzard ! ? I love it. I have always loved being shut up at home during a blizzard. If the children were home from school, we got all the work done pronto, and played games and played the piano and just had fun the rest of the day. I love watching the snow swirl. I watch for a while and then go and sew.

ThreadHead 12-29-2012 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 5744623)
There's a couple gals on here that had better be looking for some place to hide-----------we'd love to see 45, for sure 59 and 62!

I really feel for you guys -- I lived in Minot, North Dakota, 20 below 0 and Germany, 4 degrees, --NEVER again.
My daughter who was born and raised where it was cold still loves the 40 degree weather. At 40 degrees I'm in bed with the covers piled on.

GrannieAnnie 12-31-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ThreadHead (Post 5749005)
I really feel for you guys -- I lived in Minot, North Dakota, 20 below 0 and Germany, 4 degrees, --NEVER again.
My daughter who was born and raised where it was cold still loves the 40 degree weather. At 40 degrees I'm in bed with the covers piled on.

Been to Minot once in my life---------January 1983 maybe? And it was about 40 ABOVE zero. Quite unusual for that town as I understand.

I'd take Florida over Minot, too!