Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blue-white-stars-block-exchange-sign-up-t11418.html)

shellyp 01-06-2009 07:26 AM

WOW! You all have such beautiful stars!!

Disclaimer: My stars are going to pail in comparison but I hope you feel that the friendship I put into each one makes it special enough to be with all these beautiful ones. :oops:

jstitch 01-06-2009 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by shellyp

Disclaimer: My stars are going to pail in comparison but I hope you feel that the friendship I put into each one makes it special enough to be with all these beautiful ones. :oops:

Shelly, yours will look wonderful in with all the others, not to worry..the requirements said nothing about "complex" star blocks..

sewsewquilter 01-06-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by jstitch

Originally Posted by shellyp

Selly, yours will look wonderful in with all the others, not to worry..the requirements said nothing about "complex" star blocks..

Shellyp, we need a mix of simple to complex stars to make our quilts beautiful. Mine is a simple star. :D

Dorothy of Kansas 01-06-2009 10:08 AM

My Star is a simple one, too. After seeing all the beautiful ones, I was a bit worried that mine might be too plain. But what Jstitch said is true. We need the "simple" ones to make the others shine even more and to give your eyes a place to "rest" between the blocks. I haven't put a picture of mine, yet, but they are all done. I took a pattern and modified it.

shellyp 01-06-2009 10:25 AM

That makes me feel better. I just felt like maybe I got in over my head.

sandpat 01-06-2009 12:34 PM

Shelly, I really think the simple stars are the prettiest. I like to make myself do something challenging for these swaps so I learn something. Buy...I'd take a quilt of simple stars anyday :lol:

mgshaw 01-06-2009 01:08 PM

I am going to do a second set and it will be a simpler star, not that my first one was real elaborate ! I mainly want to send in 24 blocks so I can get a better share of all these gorgeous blocks

Butterflyspain 01-06-2009 01:13 PM

Melissa, I am No. 11, its taken me some time to get these done, but I have cracked it and am blazing away now. I know what you mean about doing 24, if there are 30 in this swap then we stand a better chance of getting a really lovely selection. Wonder if I can make another 12.

Watch this space LOL

Elle

mgshaw 01-06-2009 01:20 PM

Elle, you can do it!!!!!! Wonder if Judy would let us do an odd number! :D I am greedy I know!!!! I just want them all!!!! :D

jstitch 01-06-2009 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
Elle, you can do it!!!!!! Wonder if Judy would let us do an odd number! :D I am greedy I know!!!! I just want them all!!!! :D

Melissa, Someone asked me this question early on in the exchange, when we didnt have as many participants...and I had to turn them down,

So, Im thinking its not fair to change the rules now and let you do odd numbers.. but you can do as many multiples of 12 as you like...