Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blue-white-stars-block-exchange-sign-up-t11418.html)

mgshaw 01-06-2009 01:42 PM

Oh I know Judy and I agree with the rules, I was just joking, trying to make the point that I would love to have one of everbodies blocks!!!! Just greedy! :D

sewsewquilter 01-06-2009 04:01 PM

I know want you mean Melissa. I want one of all of them too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are all so pretty!!!

I have 5 done need to finish this 12. Maybe.... I can do a second 12. But that just makes more blocks to want one of. LOL

I am going to try to do a second set. I want to use them to make a quilt for my quest bed. I think it will make a great conversation piece. :D

sandpat 01-06-2009 04:08 PM

Well, I have 6 done and 6 more to go. I'm not sure if I'm going for the 2nd set or not right now...We'll see..I have lots of other projects that I'm itching to start and I still have to start quilting Heartsong.

littlehud 01-07-2009 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok. Sat down today with my fabric and pattern and put together the star block I had selected. It was in the new Fons and Porter magazine. Finished it and it is 14.5 not 12.5. Oh well, it will make a great quilt later and I'm back to the drawing board.

Pattern says it's a 12 inch block. Oh well, I like it anyway.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24811[/ATTACH]

beachlady 01-07-2009 02:43 PM

I like it too! Didn't think Fons and Porter made mistakes!

jstitch 01-07-2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Ok. Sat down today with my fabric and pattern and put together the star block I had selected. It was in the new Fons and Porter magazine. Finished it and it is 14.5 not 12.5. Oh well, it will make a great quilt later and I'm back to the drawing board.

Well, I was going to say, check your seam allowances,, but two inches is a bit too much to be that..

Its a beautiful block, would you like me to resize the cutting directions for you? I would be happy to give it a try...

Well, I just noticed that it is the same as the block in my Avatar, except the center square..

purplemem 01-07-2009 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm auditioning stars for my blue/white star exchange. I'm using the fabrics for my Row Robin, so am making stars for that also.

Here is star #1

Here is first star for RowRobin-Christmas blocks, maybe my blue/white???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24815[/ATTACH]

beachlady 01-07-2009 03:00 PM

Purple I always look first and read after - I thought maybe you were color-blind!! LOL I like your block though. It will be nice in your Christmas row robin.

littlehud 01-07-2009 03:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK. Here is another block I am making (being the other block was to big). It's not as fancy as some. I have to admit I am intimidated by the talent I see here. Anyway, be kind, here is a simple star block.

A simpler block, but a least it's the right size.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66813[/ATTACH]

jstitch 01-07-2009 03:07 PM

No need to ask for kindness, that is a beauty...