Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blue-white-stars-block-exchange-sign-up-t11418.html)

mgshaw 03-02-2009 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingTurtle
im still waiting for a pm of the address. Did I send it to the wrong person??

could someone please pm me. I am snowed in today anyways.....hopefully tomorrow, if I get the address.

I sent you a PM

mgshaw 03-02-2009 05:35 PM

There are several others that sent 2 sets in that I didnt get put on the list, SORRY :oops: I will try to update it later if anyone wants to know.

littlehud 03-02-2009 07:43 PM

I am sooooo excited. This has been so much fun. Happening across this site was the best thing. I had no idea, two years ago, how much this site would grow to mean to me. Ohhhh, I can't wait to get my package. So much fun.

Marcia 03-02-2009 08:24 PM

Melissa-Thank you for letting me know that my blocks arrived. I feel much better about them now.

Butterflyspain 03-02-2009 11:12 PM

Thanks for all your work on this project, its appreciated.

Elle

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 03-03-2009 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia
When Judy asked if anyone would like to do a block exchange I was the very first person to say yes. I was so excited about doing this. Now it is a different story.

I give up!!! I have been trying for over a week to make my star blocks and I quit! Nothing is coming out right and I am so frustrated that I have thrown in the towel.

I picked the laced star block off of quilter's cache. It is an 8" block, so I redrew it to 12". No problem. It is paper pieced so I divided it into fourths and took it to Staples and made 48 copies (4 for each of 12 blocks). No problem there. I bought 4 really pretty blues, ranging from light to dark and a white on white that has little tiny stars printed on it. Great-love the fabrics.

Cut everything out and paper pieced all 48 sections--no problems there--I had labeled everything really well, so no screw ups with the colors. I did run out of white and had to go back for more--little problem--no more of stars, so purchased white on white dots...still cute, problem solved.

Now, I have been trying to sew my sections together....BIG problems. Because I am paper piecing, the edges are all bias and are stretching--no 2 blocks are coming out the same size, the seams are not matching up, etc. I have tried leaving the paper on until I am completely done assembling them, tearing the paper off as I go, tearing off all the paper and then sewing, trimming each block first and then assembling, etc. NOTHING is working.

I had already resigned myself to spending an arm and a leg and sending these overnight mail in order to make the mailing deadline, but I am afraid that I am going to have to let everyone down and not participate at all. I am so disappointed, but I cannot pass off this pathetic example of a quilt block to any of you. Please accept my apologies. I have certainly learned my lesson---next time I will stick to something easier-something I know I can do.

OMG, please please please send in those blocks, they're sooooo cool looking! I really hope I get one of yours if you do send them in.

ETA: Oops, my bad, I see you did send them in after all, that's what happens when I'm out of touch for a whole week,lol! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how much I like your blocks and how far from perfect mine are, so don't worry :)

Marcia 03-03-2009 05:10 AM

Thanks, Melanie---I was feeling the angst of deadline pressure and crumbled!! But, just posting here and getting such positive feedback from everyone boosted my morale and carried me through. What fabulous friends!!

I am excited about getting my blocks back now too!!!

sandpat 03-03-2009 06:32 AM

I'm impressed with the list of people who came through!! This is exciting and I can't wait to get my blocks. :lol:

mrsj82 03-03-2009 10:25 AM

I'm so glad to hear that my blocks made it safely. I just cannot wait to get the swapped ones! I can't wait to see what I end up getting! Now to plan what I'm going to make out of them...*hmmm*

sewsewquilter 03-03-2009 04:25 PM

Wow! That was a great turn out.

So, what is everyone going to do with their blocks? I think I have to let mine talk to me for a little while. I was kinda thinking of finding a blue and yellow floral fabric for in the stashing. :-) Well, thats one of my thoughts.