Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Broken Quilt...Ideas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/broken-quilt-ideas-t206511.html)

gramajo 11-21-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by MarieM (Post 5671558)
I was thinking the same type of thing. Children's coloring books might have a good pattern, perhaps a naughty puppy chewing on something.

A naughty puppy chewing on something would be adorable!

RugosaB 11-21-2012 07:44 AM

I have one of those!
I have no suggestions because I'm still thinking about how I'm going to fix mine. Will look forward to reading the responses
My story:
I have a basenji that we call 'the problem child we never had.' I'm not much of a hand quilter but I thought I'd try my hand at a Hawaiian wallhanging, after a trip to Ha.
Lots of hand quilting, hung on the wall. It looked nice.
This particular 13 yr old dog, without getting into the whole long, destruction through the yeas story, decided to get this wallhanging off the wall and chew holes in it. I guess I should tell you the dog is 16 inches at the shoulder, and the wall hanging was a good 4 ft off the floor.
Life with Ibis, over the years, was never boring. I like to think no one else would put up with her over the years, and she owes me her life, as I suspect anyone else would have shot her!

(Oh, I just have to add, she ripped a 4' by 22' section of vinyl siding off of our house.)

RugosaB 11-21-2012 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm unsure whether it is ok to post something I did not make, and really have no idea who did (I guess it could be someone here?) but I always thought this would be so appropriate, changing the bunny to a basenji
(mods, please remove, as I know you will, if this is not allowed)

Kitsie 11-21-2012 08:33 AM

Whatever you do, please update us with a picture when its "fixed"!

Iraxy 11-21-2012 08:34 AM

Great ideas. Would you please let us see what you decided and what you did? It would be a great follow up. Thanks for posting. We learn from each other.

MimiBug123 11-21-2012 08:43 AM

I love the applique dog with bones idea. That would be hilarious and add some whimsy to the quilt.

Material Witness 11-21-2012 03:38 PM

I'm with Fayzer. Applique a dog shape onto it. I'm sure your sister liked that dog.

alfosa421 11-21-2012 05:08 PM

I like Dottymo's idea.In this day and age you could easily reproduce small portions of you. BLocks to do the repair with.good luck

Normabeth 11-21-2012 07:47 PM

what a shame!! If my dog did this, he would be in his kennel for LIVE!!!!

KalamaQuilts 11-21-2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by RugosaB (Post 5671608)
I'm unsure whether it is ok to post something I did not make, and really have no idea who did (I guess it could be someone here?) but I always thought this would be so appropriate, changing the bunny to a basenji
(mods, please remove, as I know you will, if this is not allowed)

That bunny running off with the quilt block is great, thank you for sharing that RugosaB, and I can sympathize with your doggie, our doxies were puppymill dogs, adults when we got them. Every day is an adventure, but every day they do something to make me really proud of them.

lilybeck, cutting off the broken parts and making it a couch throw was my first idea when I heard about the damage, but ether way you'd cut it, it would leave a narrow odd thing with no useful life left in it.

I'd be very happy if anyone else that has broken quilts wanted to post them here for ideas.
And I surely will update with photos when it's repaired.