Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   BUYER BE WARE! rotary blades stolen out of packages. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buyer-ware-rotary-blades-stolen-out-packages-t60681.html)

Sadiemae 08-21-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie

Originally Posted by quilting Carol
Good to know I worked retail for 34.5 years and I could tell you many stories....

Right there with you. - I've worked retail since 1980! It's amazing what the thieves think of and do that us honest folks would not and could not even imagine anyone thinking of let alone doing!

I found empty DVD cases hidden under some of our bead boxes on the shelf one day ---- 3 seasons of a TV show------ Show was get this ----- "Criminal Minds!" Two weeks later... I found 2 more empty DVD cases of ---- you guessed it ---- the next two seasons of the show for "Criminal Minds"!!!!

What is really stupid is these run reruns continually on tv.

3TreeFrog 08-21-2010 05:28 PM

I cannot believe the nerve that some people have!

I once worked with this one girl who use to go eat the lunch of other people right out of the staff fridge! She lived beyond her means and didn't care about anyone but herself!

How can they live with themselves?

3Frog

Sadiemae 08-21-2010 05:31 PM

They have no morals.

Eddie 08-21-2010 05:35 PM

I found empty DVD cases hidden under some of our bead boxes on the shelf one day ---- 3 seasons of a TV show------ Show was get this ----- "Criminal Minds!" Two weeks later... I found 2 more empty DVD cases of ---- you guessed it ---- the next two seasons of the show for "Criminal Minds"!!!!

Sorry, but the irony of that just made me laugh! :D

QuiltingGrannie 08-21-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie

Sorry, but the irony of that just made me laugh! :D

That's o.k. I laughed too. After I shook my head and gave the empty cases to loss prevention.

dellareya 08-21-2010 05:47 PM

Scissors and rotary blades and locked up at our local Joann's.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-21-2010 05:59 PM

Use to have people open blades or knifes to peel tags and open packages, You want to say "hello can't you keep up w/the first one you stole"
Have to wonder if the carpet folks that can't find them at HF are taking revenge. (hmmmm) just kidding !!
These have endless uses, hate to admit but have scored plexi with one, and yes, the blade was toast afterwards. :)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-21-2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I ran errands today and also picked up a new rotary cutter Friskars Comfort grip $15.97 at the local Walmart. Not till I was home did I notice that one edge of the plastic form fitted package (the hinge part) was cut open. I was a little distressed and tried to get the cutter out through just that opening. No problem, I could easily remove the rotary cutter and slip it back in through the opening. I examined it and looked if it had been used. There was no lint or anything on it and it did not show wear. Now the test. I tried to cut some quilting quality fabric. Nothing! It did not cut anything. I pushed and went back and forth. Still no cut fabric at all. It appears to me that some one bought this cutter, took it home, cut the hing part off the plastic mold around the cutter, slipped the cutter out and switched blades, then brought it back to the store. Ugh!!!!! Lets hope it is not a quilter. I thought as a whole we were pretty nice and decent people. I also think this person has been doing it more often because I was trying to buy a rotary cutter months ago at another Walmart close to my home but there was but one cutter and I noticed it was open in the same area. I did not buy it and left it. Sick! Just be on the look out quilters and check before you buy.

You've got be be kidding! Now I've heard everything!! :(

SharonAnne 08-21-2010 08:34 PM

Pathetic!!! I can see stealing food to feed a family, but rotary blades? Give me a break. And better surveillence and more security drives the prices up even further than they already are. Viscious cycle, huh? Just waiting for overworked, understaffed help to get locked items when you are in a hurry is also a hassle. Hence - I shop online a lot.

JJs 08-21-2010 08:51 PM

You do know that Walmart has a gazillion cameras all over the place - what's funny is when you see some "stupid criminal" on the evening news, their whole crime "caught on tape" with everything they did - their faces in plain view... guess they don't see the cameras, huh?

These are probably the same people who aren't getting permission to show their quilts......