Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can someone tell me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-someone-tell-me-t123693.html)

Mrs. I 05-18-2011 05:17 PM

I am sorry but I can't help you with your problem. However, I would love to know where to get the pattern for the quilt you have on our profile. I love it.

Janice Thompson 05-18-2011 05:20 PM

Glass jar works too

patticriss 05-18-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
For large spools that don't fit on my machine I grab a coffee cup, set it BEHIND my sewing machine inline with the spool pin. I put the spool in the cup and pull the end up, and to the RIGHT side of the spool pin I then put it around the front of the spool pin, and then go on to thread the machine like normal. I have NEVER had any trouble doing it this way and I pretty much do ALL my piecing this way!

I would take a picture but my camera battery died at the baseball game last night and I am to lazy to charge it right this moment! lol

That's exactly what I do!!!

patticriss 05-18-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
For large spools that don't fit on my machine I grab a coffee cup, set it BEHIND my sewing machine inline with the spool pin. I put the spool in the cup and pull the end up, and to the RIGHT side of the spool pin I then put it around the front of the spool pin, and then go on to thread the machine like normal. I have NEVER had any trouble doing it this way and I pretty much do ALL my piecing this way!

I would take a picture but my camera battery died at the baseball game last night and I am to lazy to charge it right this moment! lol

That's exactly what I do!!!

toodie11 05-18-2011 08:55 PM

I use essential thread, if your thread holder is vertical you can put a straw on your thread holder, cut it a little longer. The thread spool will fit on the straw with room to spare.and this has worked for me .

writerwomen 05-18-2011 09:12 PM

havent tried it but Sewing with Nacy- suggests put the cone over your regular spool

quilting in my60s 05-18-2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by annpryor
Look for the little wooden rounds that you can put inside the larger thread holes. They work perfect. Sometimes the quilting stores have them.

I have also used those and they are pretty cheap even at quilt stores.

kittiebug 05-19-2011 07:43 AM

You can get a metal thread hold in keepsake quilters book.
they work great. You just put thread on it , the holder will set
to right of your machine. Then you thread your machine and
go.You can also go to ebay in but in thread stand and get one there ? :thumbup:

My time 05-19-2011 08:03 AM

The coffee cup works but if it's still not feeding into your machine properly tape a paper clip to the back of you machine and feed the thread through that. Had to do for my Brother and it worked great.

Delilah 05-19-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
I set large cones in a coffee mug behind my machine & run the thread through the guides like normal. I have also had to do this to get some embroidery threads to behave as they are wound for horizontal delivery & my Elna only has vertical pins.

This is what I've done with no problems.