Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-club-idea-t59506.html)

lisainmo 08-17-2010 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Laura3
Ok, I finally got to it....I posted my Praline Pecan Crunch Snack Mix on the Recipe page.....Hope you guys enjoy it...Laura

Thanks Laura I can't wait to try this!!! Yummy

dglvr 08-17-2010 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by jazzy519
Ive done the cookies in a jar recipes place in a basket with oven mittens or pot holeders, cookie cutters, wooden spoons and kitchen towels.

This is a wonderful idea. I got 2 of these last year and it was nice to be on the recieving end. I love bakey kits. :thumbup:

libbyb 08-17-2010 09:58 AM

could someone post where to get the mini bow tucks purse pattern again. I can't seem to locate it. Thanks, Libby

Sharonsews 08-17-2010 10:01 AM

Does anyone know where I get the bow tie tuck pattern?

lisainmo 08-17-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by libbyb
could someone post where to get the mini bow tucks purse pattern again. I can't seem to locate it. Thanks, Libby

You might ck with charmpacksplus here on the board she at one time had some.

JAGSD 08-17-2010 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Doris Sumnicht
On making potato microwave bag: Use ONLY cotton materials and thread throughout the project. We learned of some fires from using these bags (while I was working for a fabric outlet) and the answer seemed to be is not to use any chemically based materials (polyester, acrylic) in the construction. I wish I knew whether Insulbright is safe to use. These bags are longer than wide, about 10 x 15, fully lined, with batting inside. I quilted mine around the design of the outside print, then finished the bag with a turndown of the top. Flannel is good, at least for the lining.

Also, a good idea to clean when something spilled on, I've heard of this too when they got something spilled on them and it gets heated again it may cause the bag to burn. Do not use any metallic materials either.

ladyinpurple135 08-17-2010 11:18 AM

I forgot to mention something I have done for my 3 grand daughters since the first one was about 5 yr old....I save toilet paper tubes and I fill them with little goodies like balloons, candy, hair clips, coins, trinkets of all sorts..anything small enough to fit inside and then I wrap the tubes sort of like those "crackers

A couple of years ago my quilt guild made these crackers as table giftie things for everyone who attended the Christmas Luncheon. We put different candies into the tube and then wrapped them with batik fabric and tied with a raffia bow. Really went over great!!

Sandy in Mooresville, NC

blossum 08-17-2010 01:10 PM

For guys 17-25 they us those draw string backpacks you can personalize them

Rose Lee 08-17-2010 01:12 PM

Evry year, I make placemats, one side Christmas fabric and the other side Thanksgiving materia so you can use them for both holidays. l. Potato warmers are a hit, plus Casserole carriers for all the parties.

Rose Lee 08-17-2010 01:13 PM

Great idea, cute too.