Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-club-idea-t59506.html)

Sue Fish 08-17-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Journal covers
Quilts for Kids tells you how to cover a simple notebook but i bet you know how!

I like the idea of a covered journal or notebook..I have noticed so many of my friends carry a small notebook all the time...

eiltcoq 08-17-2010 03:39 PM

How about flannel pj's or boxer shorts? Eiltcoq.

grandme26 08-17-2010 03:42 PM

I have started on placemats and will have matching hot pads also.

quilterj 08-17-2010 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
I'm making quilted, insulated lunch bags, with a pouch for a drink bottle, and quilted sandwich wrappers.

Do you have a pattern for these or is it your own?

grandma Janice 08-17-2010 03:55 PM

This year I am cross stitching some nice somewhat simple pictures. Just will need to get them framed. I also have been giving them all home made orniments. some quilted, some cross stitched. they all seem to expect something I made.

quilterj 08-17-2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish

I am going to make rice bags for the guys. My friend is a massage therapist & says these are great for the athletes.

I have made those and "cool ties" for hot weather and handwarmers ..all make nice gifts..

Do you make the handwarmers like you make the rice bags?

JoAnnB 08-17-2010 04:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Each year I make Christmas tree ornaments for family and friends. Sometimes I make them from fabrics I used to make the individual a quilt. I need ideas for this year. These are some I've made in the past. They are about 3 to 3-1/2 inches square. I often FMQ the top.

Faces and hands are ironed on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98863[/ATTACH]

The angel ones were preprinted fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98864[/ATTACH]

AliceQ 08-17-2010 04:37 PM

WOW! What geniuses we have on here! These ideas are fantastic! The only things I could think of are:
*spicy scented 'mug mats' with a new coffee mug for guys
*a quilted or cross stitched bread cloth in a basket with a loaf of homemade bread or muffins for anyone
*pillowcase with a small pocket to hold a very simple handmade stuffed bear for kids

Sue Fish 08-17-2010 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by quilterj

Originally Posted by Sue Fish

I am going to make rice bags for the guys. My friend is a massage therapist & says these are great for the athletes.

I have made those and "cool ties" for hot weather and handwarmers ..all make nice gifts..

Do you make the handwarmers like you make the rice bags?

I did my handwarmers like the rice bags and did them at 4 1/2" and put a note with them to heat in the microwave for 90 seconds..stay warm for abotu 1/2 hour

IBQUILTIN 08-17-2010 05:00 PM

I am going to make Microwave Steamers and table runners and a few quilts, like someone else said, there aren't too many that are quiltworthy