Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-club-idea-t59506.html)

Rose Lee 08-17-2010 01:14 PM

Great gift basket idea, thanks.

lisainmo 08-17-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Lee
Evry year, I make placemats, one side Christmas fabric and the other side Thanksgiving materia so you can use them for both holidays. l. Potato warmers are a hit, plus Casserole carriers for all the parties.

Probly a dumb question but what is a potatoe warmer? I love the idea of casserole carriers!

dotcomdtcm 08-17-2010 01:28 PM

Has anyone seen Happy 2011 print fabric? I thought that would make cute pj's but I don't see any on any online sites...?
Surely someone is making it. Of course I could add 2011 to a "celebration" theme fabric w my trusty fabric marker.

JAGSD 08-17-2010 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by lisainmo

Evry year, I make placemats, one side Christmas fabric and the other side Thanksgiving materia so you can use them for both holidays. l. Potato warmers are a hit, plus Casserole carriers for all the parties.

Probly a dumb question but what is a potatoe warmer? I love the idea of casserole carriers!

It is an item that you use in the Microwave to cook potatoes/corn/or tortilla shells and keeps them good and moist. Not dried out.

Mousie 08-17-2010 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
I think it would be fun to share patterns, links for patterns and ideas and suggestions for Christmas and holiday gift giving...time to get started!! Lets start sending in the ideas and inspire each other to get busy!!

Great idea :!: :thumbup: :mrgreen: I know I need all the help I can get :thumbup: :lol: I think I am the least experienced sewer on the board. :cry: :XD:

we all think that at first. hugs...ask me why i say that?

lisainmo 08-17-2010 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JAGSD

Originally Posted by lisainmo

It is an item that you use in the Microwave to cook potatoes/corn/or tortilla shells and keeps them good and moist. Not dried out.

Thanks for telling I had no idea, where would I find a pattern for something like that? Sounds like something I might want to try for some gifts.

dotcomdtcm 08-17-2010 01:51 PM

Journal covers
Quilts for Kids tells you how to cover a simple notebook but i bet you know how!

dotcomdtcm 08-17-2010 01:52 PM

I just decided as I read this thread to jot down each idea on a 3 x 5" card
Then I can flip thru when I need an idea!

AlisaQuilts 08-17-2010 02:27 PM

oooo! I'd love a pattern for these!!!!

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
I'm making quilted, insulated lunch bags, with a pouch for a drink bottle, and quilted sandwich wrappers.

AlisaQuilts 08-17-2010 02:30 PM

I really wish that I had an embroidery machine! I would embroider my mother's Homemade apple crisp recipe and an Apple applique, and her Blueberry cobbler with a blueberry applique, on a Kitchen towel and give it to my sisters