Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 6/24 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-virtually-quilt-me-today-6-24-a-t192631.html)

gramajo 06-24-2012 10:11 AM

You and me both, PokerDiva. Of course, the fact I fused pattern on the wrong side of the black so the head appears reversed from the way I wanted it, doesn't help either. ;) I just traced the head again & will now apply the fusible to the back of the black & then fuse it to the background facing it the correct direction this time. Darn my mixed up brain. :(

stefanib123 06-24-2012 10:13 AM

I am here, too!

I'm starting my ........drumroll,please...............Dear Jane quilt today! Hand pieced!

I've been needing a new project to work on while watching tv with the family so I'm going to do it. This quilt speaks to me as others never have. So I'm going to get a bunch off cutting done today, and sew this evening. I also have a baby quilt to bind, but I think its going to have to wait,lol!

stefanib123 06-24-2012 10:15 AM

I could sew happy here, even has a kitty and a window!

Originally Posted by athenagwis (Post 5313186)
I am currently working on 5 blocks from my Geese in the Forest quilt. Here is a picture of my working space, it's a small corner in my bedroom. :) I am hoping to have pics of my blocks soon.

Cheers!
Rachel

athenagwis 06-24-2012 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by stefanib123 (Post 5313375)
I am here, too!

I'm starting my ........drumroll,please...............Dear Jane quilt today! Hand pieced!

I've been needing a new project to work on while watching tv with the family so I'm going to do it. This quilt speaks to me as others never have. So I'm going to get a bunch off cutting done today, and sew this evening. I also have a baby quilt to bind, but I think its going to have to wait,lol!

Good luck!! My DJ is 3 years in the making LOL and I think I have 20 blocks done ... ooooops ... hopefully yours goes better. :)

Rachel

Pat625 06-24-2012 10:23 AM

Fighting to get the pic of my tiny work corner posted, and finally gave up for now...Cut the blocks and assembled for grandson's quilt..now on to cut the sashing. Hoping to have the whole top pieced by the end of the day...Took daughter off to go on her trip and was very good...did not stop at Joannes (of course that is only because of the pouring rain from TS Debbie, and tornado watch!!) Rain, rain go away!! In between I am doing little things for the quilted purses I am making..So many projects in process, and want to do hand quilting!! Some of us are just never happy!! LOL

DogHouseMom 06-24-2012 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 5313370)
You and me both, PokerDiva. Of course, the fact I fused pattern on the wrong side of the black so the head appears reversed from the way I wanted it, doesn't help either. ;) I just traced the head again & will now apply the fusible to the back of the black & then fuse it to the background facing it the correct direction this time. Darn my mixed up brain. :(

You too??

I am so mad at myself I can just spit.

I spent hours printing just the right size font and measuring them on the quilt top to make sure the words fit. Put the printed pages on the window (backwards - just like I'm supposed to) and traced 1/2 of the letters (20 characters in all) and thought ... did I trace this on the correct side of the paper (steam-a-seam has two papers ). I *thought* I remembered that I was supposed to trace it on the paper that didn't retain the web. When I looked at my tracings, I traced it on the paper that retained the web. So I erased all the tracings, flipped the paper and traced again. Now I've got 15 characters traced and I ran out of paper - went into the sewing room to get the remainder of the roll and ... read the directions. DUMMY DUMMY DUMMY!! I had it right the first time!! At least I haven't cut them yet.

My eraser is getting as much of a work out as my seam ripper usually does!

I need a break. Lunch sounds good. Yeah, that's what I'll blame it on ... low blood sugar :) (no I'm not diabetic)

DogHouseMom 06-24-2012 11:01 AM

StefaniB123 ... good for you!! Would love to do DJ one day when other promised projects are complete and I have enough of the fabrics I need (I've been collecting for one). As for hand piecing it ... no way. DJ is going to become very good friends with my sewing machine (where possible ... and I'll find a way to make as much of it possible as possible!!).

DogHouseMom 06-24-2012 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 5313151)
Just checking in to see what you all have accomplished. I've finished 3 of the 10 heads--all traced onto fusible, cut out & fused to background block.

DogHouseMom: that is awesome. Can't wait to see it finished.

GrammaJo ... I work just up the road from Peotone in Monee. I go through Peotone all the time. Nice little town.

IrishNY 06-24-2012 11:14 AM

Quick break to check and see how ya'll are doing. I thought I would whip through my memory block but I thought wrong. I'm making a Carolina Lily block with 48 1" squares, and 24 of them are HSTs. So I am still plugging along on my one block. I will be pretty embarrassed later when everyone is showing off whole quilts and all I have is a block. Lol

Back to the sewing machine...

Sunnie 06-24-2012 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Time for a break. Multiple machine jams, picked stitches 3 times, new needle, rethreaded times 3...now it's working right. Almost finished with SID around the black faces, tails and legs on the sheep. The two singles are ready to become totes or pillows or to be bound for mini wallhangings.