Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   contemplating selling all my scrapbooking stuff so I (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/contemplating-selling-all-my-scrapbooking-stuff-so-i-t222967.html)

tessagin 06-04-2013 09:30 AM

My sister got into that and I started to. I sent her and my granddaughters what I had. Glad I gave it to them. But everyone still has everything I sent them still in the same boxes. They wanted to know if I wanted it back, I told themto do with it what they wanted. I did tell them they should at least keep the scissors.

tezell0801 06-04-2013 10:51 AM

I had a ton of scrapbooking stuff. I was more of a scrapbook supply buyer - never got much done but oh the stuff I acquired. I had to get rid of it so I could get my Baileys. I boxed it all up, gave some away and will probably sell what I put in bins and boxes eventually. Just want to be sure my daughters don't want it. I probably have a couple of thousand dollars worth of stuff, but don't see it selling for what it is worth. But anything I get will buy more fabric! I just have to find time to go through it for selling.

Jeannine1948 06-04-2013 11:01 AM

I can't part with any of it. I am a scrapbooker/card maker and have acquired all the tools necessary. I am also a knitter and have stashes of yarn. And then of course I have all my quilting tools along with fabric stashes. Thank goodness I have an understanding husband who supports all my habits, lol (within reason)

MadQuilter 06-04-2013 11:14 AM

If you don't scrapbook any longer and have no plans to pick that hobby up again, then selling the supplies is a good idea.

StephT 06-04-2013 11:45 AM

I have not used most of the stuff I have. I got into it because of a family memeber, when I moved here. So I have stopped going to "crops" and have not touched the stuff in over a year..LOL so Yes it is time to find a new home I think...YA for more sewing stuff hahahaha

BellaBoo 06-04-2013 12:21 PM

I gave all my past hobby supplies to my DDs. I can always go to their house if I want to make a card, do a crossstitch sampler or paint a picture. Honestly, if i ever wanted to do that again I'd just go buy a kit and make one and get it out of my system. I do thread crochet now and then but one hook and one ball of thread don't take up much room.

quiltyfeelings 06-04-2013 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6103644)
At least you are not selling your kids! :)

Oh........good idea! Sell the kids. That's brilliant! :p

StephT 06-04-2013 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now why didn't I think about selling the kids..hehehe I have 7 still at home.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417158[/ATTACH]

auntpiggylpn 06-04-2013 02:23 PM

I had a garage sale about 6 years ago and sold all my knitting, scrap booking, painting, and every other craft I dabbled in. I kept buying stuff for these other hobbies but never did anything with them. I much preferred to quilt. I also did a major cleansing out of my house (and soul:o !). It was sooooo liberating to let those things go and gave me more room for my true passions in life.

twinkle 06-04-2013 02:49 PM

I sold all my jewellery making stuff to buy a new sewing machine and have no regrets at all. Go for it if it's a hobby you aren't interested in anymore.