Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   contemplating selling all my scrapbooking stuff so I (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/contemplating-selling-all-my-scrapbooking-stuff-so-i-t222967.html)

sap 06-05-2013 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6103644)
At least you are not selling your kids! :)

some times that's a thought

klgls 06-05-2013 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I use to paper scrapbook - but now I do it digitally - no storage issues - everything is on the computer and you can re-use it!! It's actually my other addiction.
Here's one I did - my daughter and just one of my 7 gks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417287[/ATTACH]

WMUTeach 06-05-2013 06:55 AM

Steph T, follow your passion! I scrap-booking is no longer your passion then sell the stuff and get that long arm.

Sallyjane 06-05-2013 07:52 AM

If you are not using your scrapbooking things anymore, and by selling them you can buy something you would not be able to buy otherwise, then go for it! Your family is beautiful and so are your surroundings! Don't any of your girls want your scrapbooking stuff?

jcrow 06-05-2013 08:03 AM

I was into jewelry making BIG TIME! I had over $10,000 worth of jewelry and tools and different metal boxes and displays. I gave it all to my son's girlfriend and then they broke up. I was soooo stupid! I should have sold everything. They were planning on marrying so I thought it would stay in the family, but now he's with someone else and all my jewelry making stuff is long gone. I never thought about selling it to buy quilting things. Oh well, I'll never do something like that again. Live and learn. I still like his ex-girlfriend. I hope she's using what I gave her. I was done with jewelry making anyway and didn't want to mess with advertising it and haggling over the price to sell it all.

solstice3 06-05-2013 03:19 PM

What a beautiful group! I will gladly take one or two of your hands! ;-) You are blessed

butterflies5518 06-05-2013 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by mme3924 (Post 6105071)
What a beautiful family! Nice mountain, too!

I totally agree! What a beautiful family!

icul8rg8r 06-05-2013 06:19 PM

I have TONS of scrapbooking and cardmaking supplies that I never use - always think I will, but haven't been touched in years. I've been thinking of selling my stuff, too, to support my new hobby. WAY too much inventory to list each individual item on ebay - how/where have others had success selling their stuff (or did you give it away)?

Gannyrosie 06-05-2013 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by twinkle (Post 6104124)
I sold all my jewellery making stuff to buy a new sewing machine and have no regrets at all. Go for it if it's a hobby you aren't interested in anymore.

That's what I need to do. That was one hobby which was not my cup of tea and It's taking up too much space. I could use a new machine. But to answer the question, well, you're the only one who can really answer that question. Make a chart of why and why nots and see who wins.

Bneighbor 06-06-2013 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by StephT (Post 6103518)
can buy a mid arm machine..LOL Is that bad..LOL

Sounds great. Hey you can just take pictures of it with a digital camera and save the pictures on a card. No need for all that paper stuff, get quilting!