Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   contemplating selling all my scrapbooking stuff so I (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/contemplating-selling-all-my-scrapbooking-stuff-so-i-t222967.html)

DebraK 06-04-2013 03:06 PM

I have a bunch of bobbin lace supplies, but not much call for that stuff ;-)

hopetoquilt 06-04-2013 05:30 PM

I have two scrapbooking books to use for appliqué ideas for quilts. You may want to keep them. There are a few other tools from scrapbooking that can cross over to quilting. Look carefully through your stuff before selling all of it. Then seel everything you won't use. If you package it in a cute way, you may make more $$

Lori S 06-04-2013 05:53 PM

Go for it ! Do what makes you happy! If its just consuming space and $$ resources and you would rather be quilting then just do it!

Reba'squilts 06-05-2013 03:18 AM

I would sell the scrapbooking stuff to be able to buy the machine. Of course...I don't scrapbook! Beautiful family....those kids are probably worth a buck or two! LOL

Battle Axe 06-05-2013 03:24 AM

I agree with auntpiggylpn. I sold all the scrapbooking AND the rag rug manufacturing business which included over 10 looms when I started to sell it off. I had enough to put a downpayment on a laundromat. The laundromat has a small but steady income which I spend on fabric, etc.

My problem was that I had all the rug weaving stuff in a huge studio where I also lived. If I got up in the night to use the bathroom, I had to walk by the sewing stations (4 Berninas) and I burned out after 25 years. I only have one loom left and it is for sale. I surprise everyone who asked but I do NOT miss it one bit. Still have a huge backlog of hand dyed fabric which I plan to incorporate into quilts, so I'm still at it with new tools: Accuquilt GO and now Gracie (GMQ Pro) still not assembled.

romanojg 06-05-2013 04:00 AM

Sometimes you got to do what you got to do. If you want one that much and you have a way to make it happen then go for it. It's great when we want/need something and have something/s to be able to sell/trade to make it happen. Ask yourself if you'd get more use or enjoyment out of the scrapbooking stuff or the midarm. I hope you get enough and find a great deal on a mid arm.

Kris P 06-05-2013 04:06 AM

Good luck. I've been contemplating this for a while, too. I was a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator for 11 years. I have an entire room dedicated to it. I was never a scrapbooker, though. I only did cards and a few 3D type things. I recently went down to my room to make graduation cards, and really enjoyed the instant gratification of stamping out a bunch of cards in an afternoon. I think I'll keep it for now.

tlpa 06-05-2013 04:08 AM

If you think you would rather spend your time quilting than scrapbooking, I say go for it.

ScrappyAZ 06-05-2013 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jeannine1948 (Post 6103828)
I can't part with any of it. I am a scrapbooker/card maker and have acquired all the tools necessary. I am also a knitter and have stashes of yarn. And then of course I have all my quilting tools along with fabric stashes. Thank goodness I have an understanding husband who supports all my habits, lol (within reason)

I scrapbook and make cards too. I justify my spending by reminding myself that I use the same tools and supplies for both hobbies. I also have a book on using fabric for cards so I make good use of my scraps too!

Friday1961 06-05-2013 05:35 AM

What a beautiful family! Nice mountain, too!