Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do the fabrics ever talk to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-fabrics-ever-talk-you-t35966.html)

Beachbound 02-04-2010 12:29 PM

They sure do! And they even talk to each other! Sometimes they play nice together & sometimes I have to separate them. ;-)

mcdaniel023 02-04-2010 01:13 PM

I bought this set of fat quarters, I really loved. I started making a turning twenty quilt for myself. About halfway through it I started "hearing" it tell me that my daughter Kelli needed it. Well, I finished it and my dh's first comment was, "Did you make that for Kelli?" Needless to say, Kelli has it and really loves it.

cjomomma 02-04-2010 01:21 PM

If your fabric didn't talk to you then you probably wouldn't buy it. I had a box of scraps that told me to send them to someone else so they could be used. So little by little they are being shipped out as I have the money to send them.

MNQuilter 02-04-2010 01:39 PM

I'm going fabric shopping tonight and hoping some of them yell at me! I"m a little too good at ignoring the voices. Need to loosen the purse string!

QuiltingGrannie 02-04-2010 01:41 PM

It certainly talks to me.

As soon as it hits the store where I work there are two sometimes three or four of us fighting over the same fabric (we share). If only one of us is working at the time, we know what the other likes and it tells us to save it for her until she comes in for work.

I also have fabric I bought (because it told me to) but it hasn't told me what it wants to be yet. I keep checking but it says "not yet".

It's always best to listen when fabric talks to you.

sewgray 02-04-2010 03:48 PM

I thought the little voices were only talking to me.

Dragonfly Nana 02-04-2010 03:50 PM

On of the best compliments I have ever received came from my Uncle and Aunt when I sent them the finished project - made from fabric that screamed at me to use it for them.

QuiltingGrannie 02-04-2010 04:24 PM

Yarn also talks to me. I heard navy and cream talk to me once to crochet a granny square afghan. Had no clue as to why as those colors were nowhere in my house or any house that I knew of. Until it was time for our pastor and his wife's anniversary --- their LR was navy and cream! And by that time the afghan was done just waiting for a home.

katier825 02-04-2010 04:45 PM

You're not crazy! It happens to me all the time. The bolts jump off the wall and scream "pick me"! At least, that's the excuse I give when I get home with my selections! LOL

DazzleMe! 02-04-2010 05:08 PM

Fabric talks to me also! Didn't want to say anything. Didn't want people to think I was nuts!
But more than anything the quilt talks to me as I am piecing it. Sometimes I have a quilt I am making for someone in mind but another person pops in my head that the quilt should go to.
If I go with the flow things go really smooth. If not I end up taking apart blocks like crazy.
I have a quilt now that I don't know where it should go. It has no home as of yet! I guess it wants to stay with me! :D :lol: :lol: