Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do the fabrics ever talk to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-fabrics-ever-talk-you-t35966.html)

LucyInTheSky 02-04-2010 08:51 AM

To continue my threads demonstrating my insanity (see "do you see faces in fabric?"), I was wondering if the fabric or finished projects ever tell you where they want to go?

I was working on a tablerunner UFO. I started it a few years ago, and was finishing it for my Feb UFO. I had no idea who it would be for and then out of the blue, I knew it was going to my boss at work and his wife. Well, specifically, I thought of his wife. And to me it feels like the tablerunner was saying that's where it wanted to go. I've had that happen with a few quilts where I've liked the pattern and fabric, been working on them with no recipient in mind, and then -bam- I know where it's going, and it turns out it's their favorite color palette. So does that happen to any of you? Or am I really just that crazy?

feline fanatic 02-04-2010 09:04 AM

I had some fabric scream at me to buy it last summer in an LQS. Does that count? (I totally listened and obeyed!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

cacarte 02-04-2010 10:32 AM

I had fabric talk to me this week.

I was pulling fabric for a quilt from my stash.
I had originally intended to use one fabric but another fabric just screamed at me from the drawer "USE ME!" so I am.

Cindy Carter

Dancing Needle 02-04-2010 10:34 AM

Definately! If I'm not sure what fabric(s) to use, I just lay them out together and let them fight over who gets to be in the quilt. Keeps them from yelling at me later. :lol:

sewnsewer2 02-04-2010 10:38 AM

Oh yes! My fabric also tells me what pattern it wants to be in too (most of the time anyway). :lol:

ToucanSam 02-04-2010 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
I had some fabric scream at me to buy it last summer in an LQS. Does that count? (I totally listened and obeyed!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

This seems to be happening a lot lately and yes, I do think it is screaming at me!

MadQuilter 02-04-2010 11:16 AM

I recently had to back out of a swap and when I moved those blocks that were already finished, they told me what they wanted to be and where they wanted to go when finished.

Dragonfly Nana 02-04-2010 11:17 AM

Oh yes. So nice to know I am not the only person who hears it.

Ms Grace 02-04-2010 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ToucanSam

Originally Posted by feline fanatic

This seems to be happening a lot lately and yes, I do think it is screaming at me!

I thought it was just me! :roll:
Everytime I go to my LQS, this happens.
They are ALL screaming for me to take them home. :lol:
I thought I was crazy! :lol: :roll: :lol:

lfw045 02-04-2010 11:55 AM

Shhhhhhhh.......it's the room down the hall to the left......shhhhhhhhhhh.......quick before someone sees you!

LOL....Just kidding, fabric talks to me all the time....especially Asian fabric......most of the time I don't know what it is saying but kanichiwa is good enough..LOL!