Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do I scream now or later? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-i-scream-now-later-t86934.html)

GrannieAnnie 01-02-2011 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I am making my first quilt for a family member. Luckily, she doesn't sew. I want to set it on point and have come up one block short. Setting it square is not an option - did I tell you I'm a little stubborn? It's made with charm packs and I'm 6 squares short to be able to make another block.
I do have an idea, but every time I lay it out, all I get is confused. Maybe I'd better quit until morning.
At this point, I don't need advice, just someone to commiserate with me. If I grumble at my dogs, they'll think they are ones who did something wrong, not me. Thank you for listening.

I've got a bit of home make irish cream in the fridge. Would that help any?

I'll drink a small cup for you, how about?

AnnieH 01-02-2011 01:57 AM

Allow yourself a break and good luck for tomorrow.
Annie

patricej 01-02-2011 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Screaming is good. Also taking a break. Tomorrow you might just decide that a block with their name embroidered on it might look good (or something like that). Anyway, I can sympathize with you. I have screamed a time or two myself:-)

the "something like that" could be the label, surrounded by small borders pieced from any scraps you have left over.

either dead center, or in a corner. (if it's big enough for a bed, perhaps the top center where it will be covered by a pillow.)

makakehau 01-02-2011 02:44 AM

Yes mam. I have been trying to put together one riduculous six inch paper piece block for days now. Betcha I have literally invested 36 hours in that %5$$$#$%^^ block!
Now it's laying in the floor where I tossed it in utter frustration a few hours ago.
My victory in this is that I resisted the urge to cut it up into cloth confetti! Yep. been there alright.

:-D
Lori

seazteddy 01-02-2011 03:09 AM

make it smaller or put plain squares on the corners, than you have some left over??

Moonglow 01-02-2011 03:15 AM

Sleep on it and the answer should come to you in the morning.

janedee 01-02-2011 03:17 AM

chances are tomorrow you will lay it out and every thing will fall into place - have a good sleep

carolaug 01-02-2011 04:37 AM

Can you make a block that is completely different...to use as your signature. Maybe a tie dye block...or a block with cats or dogs or something that would remind her of you...and you then can sign and date that block.

Becky Crafts 01-02-2011 04:46 AM

Sounds like the quilt I made my DD for Christmas! I ran out of the main color one block before the top was done. I put in another dark color (similar)& didn't say a thing! :-) That quilt fought me the whole time I was making it. One horror show after another! Never been so glad to ship one off!! LOL! Best of luck with yours!

sweet 01-02-2011 05:31 AM

How about making that last square a label?