Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do I scream now or later? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-i-scream-now-later-t86934.html)

isnthatodd 01-02-2011 09:34 AM

I'm with the chocolate and rest group :D I don't think we ever get enough of either one of these.

sueisallaboutquilts 01-02-2011 11:21 AM

I agree about letting us know which charm pack it is. If I had some I'd be glad to help.
Sorry for your frustration and totally understand about the dogs! My grand-dog always thinks he did something wrong when my son is yelling at the Yankees on TV !!! :D:D:D

jlong 01-02-2011 11:28 AM

Do you know the name of the charm pack? Maybe someone here has what you need.

JEM65 01-02-2011 11:53 AM

Irish maybe someone here on the board has the six charms your are missing to make another block. What pattern charm pack are they from? Let us know and maybe someone has a few to share.

irishrose 01-02-2011 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last night before I went to bed, I cut out a Friendship Star from the coral and aqua blenders I had purchased for the sashing on this quilt. My concern is that the quilt fabrics are rather curvy and the star is angular. If I need to, I can replace a square in the quilt that has a Moorish tile with one that I have leftover with a large floral. I hate taking out anything sewn on this machine, but I will if I have to. Then I will applique the curvy tile onto the center of the angular star. Could work. I wasn't home today to play with it. The star pattern was for a 12" block, I need 13 1/2", but I think I got it.

C's birthday is the 13th, so I can't put it away for a while. I can buy another Moda Fandango charm pack from any number of online retailers, but that would add to my stash. I agreed not to do that in another thread. Talk about tough resolutions! At this point I don't need anyone to raid their charm packs, though I do appreciate the offer. I will need a little more of the coral blender, but it was purchased locally.

Chocolate? I am addicted, but am fasting my chocolate until I hear that my son has arrived safely on his trip from central Michigan to SLC, Utah. He should call tonight and say he's there. Screaming? that would frighten my gentle Liliana. It might even upset impish Moira. Irish cream? Not until I am healed from my accident last week.

Thank you all for your moral suport.

tmg 01-03-2011 02:51 AM

Sometimes my best ideas come to me when I am asleep

jacqueck 01-03-2011 03:15 AM

Put your label in that spot. Nothing wrong with a label on the front with her name, date, "made by" you.

thseabreze 01-03-2011 04:05 AM

take a break until you get the pieces exactly the way you want them. It will come to you, just be patient..

grann of 6 01-03-2011 04:37 AM

I had a similar thing happen. I was embroidering blocks for a baby quilt with a circus theme. I got ready to assemble the squares and realized I was one block short including my signature block in the corner. I had done one design of each and didn't want to duplicate. Finally found a similar design in another collection of the right proportions and added that. In the end you couldn't tell which design was the odd one, even me. So just add one in a corner with your signature or some cute phrase that would fit the person you're gifting. No one will be the wiser.

uniquelynancy 01-03-2011 04:43 AM

This is one thing that I think happens to all of us. The opposite happened to me too. I was making a quilt without a pattern and miscalculated and ended up with several blocks extra. But not enough for another quilt.

Take a break and rethink the whole design. Maybe add different blocks every other block?