Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I scream now or later?

Blog Entries
    I am making my first quilt for a family member. Luckily, she doesn't sew. I want to set it on point and have come up one block short. Setting it square is not an option - did I tell you I'm a little stubborn? It's made with charm packs and I'm 6 squares short to be able to make another block.
    I do have an idea, but every time I lay it out, all I get is confused. Maybe I'd better quit until morning.
    At this point, I don't need advice, just someone to commiserate with me. If I grumble at my dogs, they'll think they are ones who did something wrong, not me. Thank you for listening.

lol

Blog Entries
    LOl..We have all been there HOney!

Awwww! Yeah, take a break til tomorrow! ;) ;) You may come up with a new idea after you get some sleep! :P

Something similar has happened to most of us. Take a break and take it up again tomorrow.

Go ahead SCREAM it always makes me feel better sometimes i even throw it across the room

Screaming is good. Also taking a break. Tomorrow you might just decide that a block with their name embroidered on it might look good (or something like that). Anyway, I can sympathize with you. I have screamed a time or two myself:-)

I'm sorry you're so frustrated. I do agree that taking a short break will probably help you "see your way out." I'll think good thoughts for you!

Scream now, take two chocolates, and continue in the morning.

chocolate fixes everything------put somthing in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    I am making my first quilt for a family member. Luckily, she doesn't sew. I want to set it on point and have come up one block short. Setting it square is not an option - did I tell you I'm a little stubborn? It's made with charm packs and I'm 6 squares short to be able to make another block.
    I do have an idea, but every time I lay it out, all I get is confused. Maybe I'd better quit until morning.
    At this point, I don't need advice, just someone to commiserate with me. If I grumble at my dogs, they'll think they are ones who did something wrong, not me. Thank you for listening.
    I've got a bit of home make irish cream in the fridge. Would that help any?

I'll drink a small cup for you, how about?

Allow yourself a break and good luck for tomorrow.
    Annie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gzuslivz
    Screaming is good. Also taking a break. Tomorrow you might just decide that a block with their name embroidered on it might look good (or something like that). Anyway, I can sympathize with you. I have screamed a time or two myself:-)
    the "something like that" could be the label, surrounded by small borders pieced from any scraps you have left over.

either dead center, or in a corner. (if it's big enough for a bed, perhaps the top center where it will be covered by a pillow.)

Yes mam. I have been trying to put together one riduculous six inch paper piece block for days now. Betcha I have literally invested 36 hours in that %5$$$#$%^^ block!
    Now it's laying in the floor where I tossed it in utter frustration a few hours ago.
    My victory in this is that I resisted the urge to cut it up into cloth confetti! Yep. been there alright.

:-D
    Lori

make it smaller or put plain squares on the corners, than you have some left over??

Sleep on it and the answer should come to you in the morning.

chances are tomorrow you will lay it out and every thing will fall into place - have a good sleep

Blog Entries
    Can you make a block that is completely different...to use as your signature. Maybe a tie dye block...or a block with cats or dogs or something that would remind her of you...and you then can sign and date that block.

Sounds like the quilt I made my DD for Christmas! I ran out of the main color one block before the top was done. I put in another dark color (similar)& didn't say a thing! :-) That quilt fought me the whole time I was making it. One horror show after another! Never been so glad to ship one off!! LOL! Best of luck with yours!

How about making that last square a label?

alimaui
    Are you using precut charms? Which line is it? Perhaps someone might have an extra pack.

Blog Entries
    Use a solid color for the extra block, set it in the middle and embroider or applique her initial on that one.

DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by alimaui
    Are you using precut charms? Which line is it? Perhaps someone might have an extra pack.
    That was my thought. Post a picture and maybe someone can help out with some fabric. Good luck!

oh thank goodness Im not the only one. I often put my project away sometime for a couple days only to resolve it after rest and being away from it. I can totally understand why quilters have many projects going at the same time. LOL

I did one on point and thought I would tare out my hair. Put it away for a day then get a fresh look. Save your hair!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast