Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do I scream now or later?

What charm pack did you use? Maybe someone has 6 laying around.

I agree with the others about taking a break and looking at it later. I am sure most of us have had to come up with plan B and plan C. I had to do that for a quilt I made for my Grandson for Christmas. Plan B was diving into my stash and coming up with a perfect solution, only I did not have quite enough. On to Plan C...It turned out great. Be creative. Good luck.

Hang in there gal. Sometimes it is best to stop and go back to your project with a fresh mind.

Blog Entries
    (((HUGS))) been there and done that :roll:

Show us what you need, someone might have some extra pieces. You never know unless you ask. :thumbup:

I'm with the chocolate and rest group :D I don't think we ever get enough of either one of these.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I agree about letting us know which charm pack it is. If I had some I'd be glad to help.
    Sorry for your frustration and totally understand about the dogs! My grand-dog always thinks he did something wrong when my son is yelling at the Yankees on TV !!! :D:D:D

Do you know the name of the charm pack? Maybe someone here has what you need.

Irish maybe someone here on the board has the six charms your are missing to make another block. What pattern charm pack are they from? Let us know and maybe someone has a few to share.

Blog Entries
    Last night before I went to bed, I cut out a Friendship Star from the coral and aqua blenders I had purchased for the sashing on this quilt. My concern is that the quilt fabrics are rather curvy and the star is angular. If I need to, I can replace a square in the quilt that has a Moorish tile with one that I have leftover with a large floral. I hate taking out anything sewn on this machine, but I will if I have to. Then I will applique the curvy tile onto the center of the angular star. Could work. I wasn't home today to play with it. The star pattern was for a 12" block, I need 13 1/2", but I think I got it.

C's birthday is the 13th, so I can't put it away for a while. I can buy another Moda Fandango charm pack from any number of online retailers, but that would add to my stash. I agreed not to do that in another thread. Talk about tough resolutions! At this point I don't need anyone to raid their charm packs, though I do appreciate the offer. I will need a little more of the coral blender, but it was purchased locally.

Chocolate? I am addicted, but am fasting my chocolate until I hear that my son has arrived safely on his trip from central Michigan to SLC, Utah. He should call tonight and say he's there. Screaming? that would frighten my gentle Liliana. It might even upset impish Moira. Irish cream? Not until I am healed from my accident last week.

Thank you all for your moral suport.
    Attached Images Attached Images

tmg
    Sometimes my best ideas come to me when I am asleep

Put your label in that spot. Nothing wrong with a label on the front with her name, date, "made by" you.

take a break until you get the pieces exactly the way you want them. It will come to you, just be patient..

Blog Entries
    I had a similar thing happen. I was embroidering blocks for a baby quilt with a circus theme. I got ready to assemble the squares and realized I was one block short including my signature block in the corner. I had done one design of each and didn't want to duplicate. Finally found a similar design in another collection of the right proportions and added that. In the end you couldn't tell which design was the odd one, even me. So just add one in a corner with your signature or some cute phrase that would fit the person you're gifting. No one will be the wiser.

This is one thing that I think happens to all of us. The opposite happened to me too. I was making a quilt without a pattern and miscalculated and ended up with several blocks extra. But not enough for another quilt.

Take a break and rethink the whole design. Maybe add different blocks every other block?

I usually scream, and then say a few******words.
    Helps everytime. LOL
    Walk away, come back another day.
    It always works itself out. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    If you have some fabric nearly like what you were using - you could make one block that is so close it is hard to pick it out and let it be the center block in your quilt! Then you could call it your Hide and Seek quilt....

set it aside for now, then have some chocolate, glass of wine,or whatever you sooth your nerves with.
    Do you have any fabric that is close to the colors in your project? If so cut a couple squares of that and add in. Or use a plain block to put names, date etc. in.

Why don't you just use a solid looking fabric and use that block as your label?

Been there done that! I gave 2 projects away for running out of fabric and not being able to finish EXACTLY the way I wanted. I have another I'm still working on because I decided to take off the top row, (then I had leftover blocks and not short on one! lol) make bigger borders, so no one knew I'd made a mistake. Also, the leftover blocks went into making pillow shams! to match. share t

Blog Entries
    make up one more block of something different or make it a label on front. then you can still do it on point!!

Blog Entries
    If you are that determined, I am sure that you will figure it out.
    Stay calm and on track. Maybe a picture when you are done.
    Good Luck.

What fabric do you need? Maybe one of us has the fabric and we could send you what you need to finish?

I really believe in walking away from it. This only took me some sixty plus years to figure out. When you come back to it I'd bet something will hit you that you hadn't thought of before. Of course there is something to be said for screaming.

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm with you however my machine is too heavy to throw. Good thing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast