Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You "Name" Your Quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-%22name%22-your-quilt-t54765.html)

gailalter 07-18-2010 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Most of mine have similar names: "Finally Finished" - "Pain in the tuches" - "Relieved it's done" etc. lol

Although it won a ribbon I have one I named "Never Again"!

User886077 07-18-2010 04:37 AM

I think naming the quilt is a big part of the process. It helps me to complete the quilt knowing it will represent my feelings and mood during the process. Sometimes, but not often it takes on the !@#%^^^. It seems fun to inherit or find a quilt with a name and think who and what the quilter's mindset might have been.

the old one 07-18-2010 05:02 AM

The quilt I made for a small grandson was all blue, except for the center block of the log cabins, it was titled"Grandma Gets Rid of the Blues". And, the patchwork heart quilt I made for our fiftieth anniversary accidentally had one block turned wrong, didn't see it till it was on the frame, that quilt is now called "Change of Heart", and most people think it refers to all the colors in the blocks, who am I to tell the true story? piecefully, the old one

dungeonquilts 07-18-2010 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Patti
I've seen a lot of postings on here but very few have "named" their quilt or given it a title i.e. GARDEN PARTY, TO THE GARDEN etc.

So......the question is "Do You Name Your Quilt"?

Patti, I don't always name my quilts (however, reading this board I should). Funny story about a quilt that I did name...My son is a semi truck driver and when he got his first job every direction that he was given "he always went the opposite" the employees nicknamed him "Wrong Way". He asked for a quilt and I made it the "Wrong Way" even though it came out really nice, so when I gave it to him...I told him the quilt had been named "Wrong Way" & he just loves it. LOL

Marilyn1 07-18-2010 06:12 AM

Mine are all named "FINALLY DONE"

Patti 07-18-2010 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Yep I name every quilt. However I've never bought a kit with pattern and fabric all my quilts are of my own design. Each one is made for someone with a so called reason or theme. My avatar "lady of courage" was made for a friend of my mothers that survived a long battle of breast cancer. I also give and wont sell. I start my quilts most of the time with no idea who will recieve it or the name it all just seems to fall into place. I also take pictures of the cutting and piecing and the sewing, kinda a log of how it starts and how it ends. I started a scrappy sunbonnet sue quilt last december it ended up being a snowball quilt calling it "the beauty in chaos" due to all the chaos my daughter "caused" (alls well now). I've said it before that for me each quilt I make is a snip of time a reflection of whats going on at that moment in time, at least for me. Maybe I'm too emotional, but I think everyone should name them after all they are a work of art.

Thank you for sharing how you name your quilts!!!!

Patti 07-18-2010 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by dungeonquilts

Originally Posted by Patti
I've seen a lot of postings on here but very few have "named" their quilt or given it a title i.e. GARDEN PARTY, TO THE GARDEN etc.

So......the question is "Do You Name Your Quilt"?

Patti, I don't always name my quilts (however, reading this board I should). Funny story about a quilt that I did name...My son is a semi truck driver and when he got his first job every direction that he was given "he always went the opposite" the employees nicknamed him "Wrong Way". He asked for a quilt and I made it the "Wrong Way" even though it came out really nice, so when I gave it to him...I told him the quilt had been named "Wrong Way" & he just loves it. LOL

Great story!!!

Patti 07-18-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Marilyn1
Mine are all named "FINALLY DONE"

Perfect!!!!!!

Purple Sage 07-18-2010 07:13 AM

Gosh, I really have never given it much thought before. Guess I will now!!

All Thumbs 07-18-2010 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Occasionally I do but mainly the ones that have given me a chuckle or a fit get named. My most recent one was Maroon Christmas Tree With Bear! I was trying to make my own pattern but ran out of fabric at the top. LOL Check it out.

Charity Quilt-Maroon Christmas Tree With Bear
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74917[/ATTACH]