Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-belong-any-other-quilting-message-boards-t202731.html)

LisaGibbs 10-09-2012 06:58 AM

I have tried other sites and this is the only one I stuck with. I always come out of here inspired and have a new idea or learned something. Not to mention all the problems I have had quickly solved by the great levels of experience we have.

Stitchnripper 10-09-2012 07:09 AM

I have tried others, but, this one is the best. Also the easiest to navigate.

Pat625 10-09-2012 07:10 AM

With all the wonderful people here..who needs anything else!!

Jingle 10-09-2012 08:51 AM

This is the first one I found and the only one I know about. I get free patterns from about.com but, I only look for the patterns.

GagaSmith 10-09-2012 01:32 PM

This is the only one I have ever belonged to and love it. I learn so much and enjoy looking at all the finished projects. Please don't tempt me to join any others. I spend too much time here as it is.

sewbeadit 10-09-2012 01:55 PM

This is the one I like and I keep. It is much more personal and very easy usually to find what you are looking for. Very good ideas and lots of great people as well as photos, etc. You can ask anyone anything and it is great. Have met a host of wonderful people on here. I only have time for one good group. Otherwise I don't get anything done.

Yakkity 10-09-2012 01:56 PM

I signed up with several quilting board sites and ended up getting rid of all but this one. this is my favorite and seems to have the the friendliest people with so much information to read and share. I check this one out most every day.
Thank you ladies!

ghostrider 10-09-2012 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by nhweaver (Post 5572737)
I have just discovered that there is a whole world of quilting information boards out there. I just signed up for the HGTV one, are there any others that you cannot help yourself from visiting frequently. I love all the information here, and the sharing. I do not belong to a guild (the politics raise my blood pressure, and I quilt for fun not for the gossip and back stabing), so for me, you all are my guild friends.

Even blogs about quilting, which ones are the best?

Be aware that it's not really within the 'suggested guidelines' to promote (i.e., name) competing boards. Certainly can't blame them for that.

NJ Quilter 10-09-2012 02:07 PM

The only other board I participate in/with is RCTQ. It is a usenet group that I access via google groups. Rec. Crafts.Textiles.Quilts. That board has been VERY slow lately but lots of nice folks. But there are several from that board that also participate here. This board seems to be the most active. RCTQ is unmoderated unlike here. Both have their good/bad points IMO. I've visited a few others but the activity level here as well as the wealth of information have most others beat hands down, again, IMO.

debbieumphress 10-09-2012 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider (Post 5574020)
Be aware that it's not really within the 'suggested guidelines' to promote (i.e., name) competing boards. Certainly can't blame them for that.

Ditto......and like I used to always say "The principal is in the hallways".....LOL.......