Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-belong-any-other-quilting-message-boards-t202731.html)

Dolphyngyrl 10-09-2012 05:09 PM

I just joined sewforum.com and they have section for lots of crafts not just sewing, and they are all organized by category. I like it a lot

Joset 10-09-2012 05:45 PM

this is the only forum i am on and really enjoy it. if i was on another one
i wouldnt get any thing done. lol

ohiobuckeye 10-09-2012 05:57 PM

i like to read other people's blogs, so I googled "quilter's blogs" and found a website called something like "what are quilters blogging about today" that has a snapshot of hundreds (thousands?) of blogs. I usually end up lost in there....I also have been on other forums, but return to quiltingboard.....It's my favorite!

sewNso 10-09-2012 06:11 PM

i've found several other sites, but likewise, have dropped them, and just come here. this site is so easy to navigate. and so much info. anything you want. a lot , or a little. lurk or chat.

QM 10-09-2012 06:33 PM

Over the years I have belonged to several sites, as some have folded. Right now, I visit this and another regularly. I am a part of a very active and friendly local guild as well, but being rather disabled, on-line is handier for me than in town. We are having an art auction and BBQ contest on Saturday in support of our local fair. It's a real shame that some quilting groups are not welcoming. Fortunately, most are.

patricej 10-10-2012 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress (Post 5574348)
Ditto......and like I used to always say "The principal is in the hallways".....LOL.......

the principal didn't fall off a turnip truck yesterday.
she knows the difference between a reasonable question - with factual answers - and an attempt to "dis" our board or to advertise another. LOL

nhweaver asks a reasonable question.
so far, the answers have been factual, informative and respectful. :thumbup:

no demerits or detention slips necessary. ;)

sandy l 10-10-2012 03:04 AM

This is the only one I have ever joined. Have never even tried to find any others.

Sewstar 10-10-2012 03:14 AM

I subscribe to other blogs, but this is the one I can't wait to read every morning. I confess, I'm a lurker. However, I have learned so much from reading the posts on this blog. I gotta admit, the folks around here are so helpful and are so very nice. I get more satisfaction here, than I do at my local guild. Thank you Quilting Board members!

Amythyst02 10-10-2012 03:19 AM

I have signed up for a few others, but honestly have never visited them but the one time. This is home for me.

grammy1231 10-10-2012 03:36 AM

This is my one and only. I enjoy having morning coffee with all the quilters here and really soak up the wonderful advice. Learn alot............