Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you cut more than one pattern at a time? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-cut-more-than-one-pattern-time-t249687.html)

cpcarolyn 07-09-2014 06:36 AM

I am a one quilt at a time gal.

BettyGee 07-09-2014 06:54 AM

No, I have enough trouble making sure I have my pieces in order for one project. I don't do multi-tasking anymore as I can make enough mistakes with one project without adding another task. If you can do it, and are in a cutting mode, then more power to you as it sure would save time later on; but I know my limits and have finally come to terms with what I can handle efficiently.

KnitnutBZ 07-09-2014 07:04 AM

Yes I do sometimes. I like being able to go from one project to another then I don't have to flounder around trying to make up my mind what to make next.. LOL

pyffer3 07-09-2014 07:35 AM

Last year I thought I would love to have my own quilt kits. So I cut up several and put in baggies with the intended pattern. Now I don't want to mess with them for one reason or another....so I intend to give them away(to random people on this board) and hope whoever gets one will enjoy the project!

tessagin 07-09-2014 07:57 AM

I'm good to do one at a time. Actually depends on my mood.

grandme26 07-09-2014 08:04 AM

Usually cut as I go

MargeD 07-09-2014 09:24 AM

I usually just cut fabric for one pattern at a time, with the exception of some wall quilts. I have several Christmas wall hangings in progress, at different stages, but I've learned through experience to put all the pieces, fabrics and patterns in one large zip lock bag; otherwise I'll lose either the fabrics or the pattern - guess how I know?? LOL

klswift 07-09-2014 09:33 AM

Since I often start sewing late at night, cutting can be difficult because of the dark and my old tired eyes. I often will cut out a couple projects on a bright sunny weekend afternoon. I use pizza boxes (new ones!) to store finished blocks (up to 12 x 12) and the cut pieces. They stack easily, the cardboard breathes better than plastic and they are easy to write on the end so I know which one to pull of the shelf. Sometimes when I get home at 10:30 at night, I feel like working on something new instead of continuing on a work in progress. With the holidays approaching, I usually have stockings with applique pieces, wall hangings and tree skirts already cut out and waiting.

mhollifiel 07-09-2014 12:16 PM

I piece from 100-150 tops annually for the Project Linus quilts my guild puts together. I live in a small fishing shack and quilt in the little living room. My elevated cutting table is on the screened in porch and cutting needs to occur in spring or fall to avoid extreme weather. So, yes, I cut out huge amounts of fabrics for my pieced tops. Most are scrappy but I use about a half dozen "go-to" patterns for them so cutting lots works for me.

IrishgalfromNJ 07-09-2014 12:32 PM

I only work on one quilt at a time. While I'm working on a quilt, I'm usually planning and buying fabric for my next quilt.