Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have an embarrassing quilting moment? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-embarrassing-quilting-moment-t54834.html)

annette1952 07-19-2010 05:00 PM

I sure wouldn't let it upset me. You know you had a beautiful quilt & wheather we want to admit it or not, there are just people out there with NO taste! Aren't you glad it isn't us?

rhueluna 07-19-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by annette1952
I sure wouldn't let it upset me. You know you had a beautiful quilt & wheather we want to admit it or not, there are just people out there with NO taste! Aren't you glad it isn't us?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

wvdek 07-19-2010 06:43 PM

Yeah!

sueisallaboutquilts 07-19-2010 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by rhueluna

Originally Posted by colleen1978
I wouldn't want someone like that to have my quilt. Most people don't know how much thought and time goes into creating them. Have you ever given a quilt to someone and it wasn't appreciated? I have and it hurts to see it filthy and l laying on the floor just as much as that comment hurt.

Yes, I did all handwork, hand quilted it and it was the size of a bedspread for a queen sized bed. It is now at the dump. :(

Did I miss something?? How did a beautiful creation end up in a dump???

rhueluna 07-19-2010 11:23 PM

What you missed was the people that got it didn't know any better and didn't take care of it. I don't know if it really is at the dump, but I am sure its no longer any good. It was all hand work and you can't just treat that like a blanket and wash and dry it over and over without bad results.

Thats what I meant. The dump line was a guess. :) Sorry!

GailG 07-20-2010 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by ann clare
My quilt was 1st prize in the raffle. 2nd prize was a bottle of wine. I overheard a ticket buyer saying that she hoped she won 2nd prize.

Aren't you glad that person didn't win it?

Dee 07-20-2010 08:38 PM

Some people are thoughtless. But , sometimes when I'm at a frustrating moment in the quilt - I'd have a drink-if I drank.

sueisallaboutquilts 07-21-2010 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
What you missed was the people that got it didn't know any better and didn't take care of it. I don't know if it really is at the dump, but I am sure its no longer any good. It was all hand work and you can't just treat that like a blanket and wash and dry it over and over without bad results.

Thats what I meant. The dump line was a guess. :) Sorry!

Ahh, got it. I guess I took it literally. I feel for you. That would make me very unhappy :(
Here's a HUG for you :)

zz-pd 07-21-2010 06:29 AM

Shows what she knows. I would have said Hi my name is---- I made first prize. God bless.

sueisallaboutquilts 07-21-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
Shows what she knows. I would have said Hi my name is---- I made first prize. God bless.

Oh, that would have been so cool !!! :D