Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have an embarrassing quilting moment? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-embarrassing-quilting-moment-t54834.html)

mollymct 07-18-2010 01:57 PM

I take that as a joke. I have a friend I can just hear making that sort of crack to me...But if not, like the others said--her loss!

Annz 07-18-2010 03:43 PM

I hope she won the bottle of wine and dropped it on the driveway on her way to her car. :-P Just joking. She didn't deserve a quilt.

rhueluna 07-18-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by ann clare
My quilt was 1st prize in the raffle. 2nd prize was a bottle of wine. I overheard a ticket buyer saying that she hoped she won 2nd prize.

In my opinion, this person isn't worth the time of day. She is the idiot and whoever she told that to probably was embarrassed. Too bad you had to hear something thats not even worth considering as a comment.

Lynnc 07-18-2010 04:04 PM

Maybe she has decorated her house in the chrome, glass and minimalist style. very bare with sharp corners. So a homemade quilt would stick out badly. So don't take it personally. Everyone has different likes. My Daughter and I are that way. When I die she will be having the largest estate sell ever. We just don't decorate the same. I had to stop picking her cloths from age 1.

marthe brault-hunt 07-18-2010 05:02 PM

I made a fool of myself by trying to pay a compliment, I was shopping at the grocery, I saw a baby wearing a gorgeous hand knit sweater. She was with her mother and grandmother. I said,,. That little girl has a grandmother that does beautiful knitting. The answer was a very dry 'Madam I would not lose my time to knit. That kind of people do exist....

Sadheart 07-18-2010 06:23 PM

ROFL!!! Just think she wants a bottle of wind. he he
That leaves the quilt for someone else who
"Will Appreciate it!!" You go girl. Kudos to the one who won. Bet it was a beautiful quilt.
Thank goodness it went to someone who needed it or wanted it
Sandra

Alondra 07-18-2010 06:55 PM

Can you apply the word "wonky" to people? If so, I vote for that to describe her! Some people just don't get it! I, too, hope she got the wine, and that someone who appreciates all the work that went into your quilt got it!

sylslight 07-18-2010 08:04 PM

you know, maybe she was just thinking she couldnt use something like that, not everyone is into homemade stuff, ya know? So hopefully it got to someone who appreciated it! but don't feel bad i too have entered a raffle, just to donate, not caring whether or not I won, and really didnt like the 1st prize either.

BUT...think about this...YOUR quilt was going to first prize! which means....YOU are very talented!!!! Think positive! :-D

colleen1978 07-19-2010 05:11 AM

I wouldn't want someone like that to have my quilt. Most people don't know how much thought and time goes into creating them. Have you ever given a quilt to someone and it wasn't appreciated? I have and it hurts to see it filthy and l laying on the floor just as much as that comment hurt.

reginalovesfabric 07-19-2010 06:14 AM

just remember some people are JERKS....I'd love to win your quilt site unseen......