Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You Have a System ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-system-t87101.html)

mrspete 01-02-2011 03:41 PM

Shoot, I'm so easily distracted you just haven't an idea of the mess I have. Monkey see and plays, and sees and plays!

deema 01-02-2011 04:34 PM

I don't have a very solid system. I have a notebook of graph paper where I draw out any plan that I want to do, in that, I calculate dimensions, yardage, pieces and blocks require, etc. I usually work in that book when I am actually planning a quilt, have fabrics and an idea of what I want to do. When I know I want to group certain fabrics together for a quilt, but don't yet have a pattern, I put those fabrics in a zippered plastic bag that sheet sets come in. When I DO have a pattern decided, but just not started yet, I will put the pattern or my notes in the bag with the fabric. I save links, download "some day" patterns and save pictures and keep them all in a folder on my computer.

Sometimes I just grab fabrics and go with the flow.

Shari1967 01-02-2011 04:44 PM

no system.
I have an idea of about 5 projects I want to work on, sorta got an order in my head but then I'm a free spirit and if I'm not in the mood to work on something I'm not gonna. lol
I do have an notebook that I keep notes for all my crafting in just because I forget so easily my projects....lol

jetnica 01-02-2011 04:47 PM

I have a folder on my computer of ideas, and a couple of binders of ideas.

When I buy fabric for an idea, I will print out or cut out the idea or pattern and put it with that fabric in one of my many bins.

My goal for 2011 is to actually make some of the "ideas" that are in my bins and clear them out somewhat.

It's not really a system - but I have a feeling that will change this year as I work through what I have.

CarrieAnne 01-02-2011 04:57 PM

I have a folder, but no real system!

Jan in VA 01-02-2011 05:18 PM

A system???!
Do you remember that sign: "A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind"? Well............ :lol: :wink:

Jan in VA

Debbie B 01-02-2011 05:22 PM

I have a large 3-ring binder where I keep quilt pictures and patterns of quilts that I like and one day want to do...if you can call that a system.

Jill 01-02-2011 05:23 PM

I keep mine in a notebook in sheet protectors. I usually get my projects lined up for a season at a time (winter, spring, etc.) and put the pattern and fabrics together on a shelf. In my notebook I also keep all kinds of information that I see online, in magazines, or anywhere else that I think I might use later. And yes, I do keep a list in my sewing machine drawer of projects I'd like to do each year, including any UFOs.

grammy17 01-02-2011 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by gale
nope and I think I've planned and then forgotten dozens of projects.

Opened an envelope recently and inside were carefully cut tiny parts for houses from some quilt I was going to make. Can't remember any more about it. Oh well.

ncsewer 01-02-2011 09:56 PM

No system for me either. You should see how many pages I have bookmarked from this board!