Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You Have a System ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-system-t87101.html)

Quiltforme 01-02-2011 11:09 PM

No when the bug hits me I just go with it!!

tmg 01-03-2011 03:03 AM

No

MerryQuilter 01-03-2011 03:12 AM

Good ? bought a little white board and wrote down all of my recent Christmas sewing gifts. Have my major UFO's in a large plastic tote. Otherwise my books are very organized and most of my mags, Large amounts of fabric semi organized but that is what I do every year need updating. But stuff happens and right after Christmas sewing need to get after it going to redo reds and main table but is such happy work!

Aurora 01-03-2011 03:31 AM

I have a Quilting Folder on my laptop which contains specific folders like: Project Ideas, Patterns, Tips, etc. These contain other folders like: Table Toppers/Runners, Wallhangings, Lap Quilts, Holidays, Christmas, etc. The ones I am really interested in making, I print out and keep those in page protectors in huge binders.

KANDU 01-03-2011 04:18 AM

I keep a magazine rack in the sewing room. There are folders in it for everything from curtains - to kids clothing - to quilts. As I print/cut out an idea - it gets slipped into the back slot until I have the time ( - or there's no more room! ) - & then sort them into the folders. Once they are full - out comes the 3 hole punch. There's now 2 shelves full of 3 ring binders. The labels on the spines make finding what category I need very simple - & having presorted into folders makes adding to them easy.

so-sew 01-03-2011 04:53 AM

I'm as flighty as can be about what quilt is next....I am forever finding quilts I want to try until the next quilt I see catches my fancy. I'm not sure how I could make a list of quilts I intend to make since I'm not familiar with pattern names. I just know what I like when I see it.

jad1044 01-03-2011 04:57 AM

I have 3-ring notebooks - run off copies of the ones I like an dfile them in alphabetical order in the notebooks. I also have a 3-hole punch - helps to make a neat page to file.

quilt3311 01-03-2011 04:59 AM

I use graph paper notebooks for sketches and a regular school composition book to paste or staple pictures of quilts that interest me.

Sloan Quinn 01-03-2011 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by quilt3311
I use graph paper notebooks for sketches and a regular school composition book to paste or staple pictures of quilts that interest me.

Well, I couldn't keep track of two notebooks, but I do keep all my quilting stuff in a notebook of graph paper. I make sure to write down measurements (I do all my math in it anyway) and I to keep a "wish list" on the inside of the front cover of the notebook. When I get done with something, I cross it off. I'm already well into two or three of my list for 2011!

Midwestmary 01-03-2011 05:11 AM

Fun topic! Current ufo's are organized in bins...but that's about it!