Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you keep a pictorial record of your work? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-keep-pictorial-record-your-work-t50119.html)

Caer Urfa 06-17-2010 03:05 PM

I try to keep a photograph of any of my craft, particularly as I give so much of it away and I like to look back to see what I gave to who. Don't want to double up. I even impress myself when I see the amount of work I have turned out. Another one of my hobbies is dollhouse and miniature making and I have even done one of those e-albums and I can pull that off the shelf to show people. One day I might even do that with my quilts. :lol:

sharon b 06-17-2010 03:13 PM

Sadly , no I have given a lot away and never thought to take pics :cry:

Jim's Gem 06-17-2010 03:28 PM

I try to take a picture of each quilt before it goes out the door. Of course my first quilts are on regular film and I don't know where those pictures are. Also I occasionally forget. I gave a quilt as a baby gift last week and totally forgot to take a picture of it!!!

earlylace 06-17-2010 03:46 PM

Someone told me when I first started making a quilt in Nov. 2009 to remember to take pictures and her other tip was always sign your quilts. I have followed her advise, glad she told me to do it. Lace

jljack 06-17-2010 03:59 PM

Yes, when I started quilting 4 years ago I decided to take pictures of all the quilts I have done, and put them into a notebook with information on when, for whom, etc. My grandaughter loves to take the notebook down and look through it.

Angellight 06-17-2010 04:01 PM

I have done various crafts for years. It is only in the last few years that we as crafters have been encouraged to make a "portfolio" of our work. I am getting better about taking a photo of the things I have made with OR without the recipient, especially of my quilting.

Happy Quilting,
Susan

newbee 06-17-2010 04:53 PM

I take pictures of the front and back and some close-ups of the blocks. I have a scrabbook for my quilts, and I put all sorts of things with the pictures--funny sayings related to the quilt theme, pieces of the material, pictures of the people I gave the quilt to with the quilt (like babies on their quilts), and a journalling of my general impression the quilt and my rememberances of making it. I have given away all of my quilts, so this is the best way for me to remember tham.

MadQuilter 06-17-2010 05:02 PM

I take pictures now that I am playing on the QB. Did not take pics of all of my quilts though.

Kathy N 06-17-2010 05:06 PM

I take photos and keep a journal of all that I make. If I give a gift I try to get a photo with the recipient with their quilt.
Someday when I can't quilt anymore I will still have the wonderful memories!

roseOfsharon 06-17-2010 05:09 PM

Yes, everything that I have made thus far, I have taken a picture of. I have given most everything away and enjoy having a copy (picture) of what I have made. Plan on making a book up soon!