Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you keep a pictorial record of your work?

I try to keep a photograph of any of my craft, particularly as I give so much of it away and I like to look back to see what I gave to who. Don't want to double up. I even impress myself when I see the amount of work I have turned out. Another one of my hobbies is dollhouse and miniature making and I have even done one of those e-albums and I can pull that off the shelf to show people. One day I might even do that with my quilts. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Sadly , no I have given a lot away and never thought to take pics :cry:

I try to take a picture of each quilt before it goes out the door. Of course my first quilts are on regular film and I don't know where those pictures are. Also I occasionally forget. I gave a quilt as a baby gift last week and totally forgot to take a picture of it!!!

Someone told me when I first started making a quilt in Nov. 2009 to remember to take pictures and her other tip was always sign your quilts. I have followed her advise, glad she told me to do it. Lace

Blog Entries
    Yes, when I started quilting 4 years ago I decided to take pictures of all the quilts I have done, and put them into a notebook with information on when, for whom, etc. My grandaughter loves to take the notebook down and look through it.

I have done various crafts for years. It is only in the last few years that we as crafters have been encouraged to make a "portfolio" of our work. I am getting better about taking a photo of the things I have made with OR without the recipient, especially of my quilting.

Happy Quilting,
    Susan

Blog Entries
    I take pictures of the front and back and some close-ups of the blocks. I have a scrabbook for my quilts, and I put all sorts of things with the pictures--funny sayings related to the quilt theme, pieces of the material, pictures of the people I gave the quilt to with the quilt (like babies on their quilts), and a journalling of my general impression the quilt and my rememberances of making it. I have given away all of my quilts, so this is the best way for me to remember tham.

Blog Entries
    I take pictures now that I am playing on the QB. Did not take pics of all of my quilts though.

I take photos and keep a journal of all that I make. If I give a gift I try to get a photo with the recipient with their quilt.
    Someday when I can't quilt anymore I will still have the wonderful memories!

Blog Entries
    Yes, everything that I have made thus far, I have taken a picture of. I have given most everything away and enjoy having a copy (picture) of what I have made. Plan on making a book up soon!

Gave most everything away and didn't think about taking pictures or signing and dating my work.

I have taken a picture (and many times, several) of EVERY quilt I have ever made. I did not do that with my cross stitch until recently, so a few did get away. I also have a list of who they were made for, and some pictures of the people enjoying their presents. My mother used to take pictures of some of her work and I got the idea from her.

I keep all the pictures and the information in a flash drive that goes everyplace with me. If my house ever burns down while I am away, I will still have that.

I try to. My early ones are on film & in an album, the recent ones are just on my computer, I am sooo bad about getting things printed. I do ask moms to take a picture of my baby quilt gifts with the baby on the quilt. It's pretty great when they remember to do it!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I take pictures of all my quilts and put them in a binder with leftover scraps in case I need them to repair later. I also take pics and keep track of the quilts I repair for people or quilt for others too. Write down name of patter, fabric used, etc. I use it to show people if they want to see what kind of work I do. And I like to look back myself. Compare then and now...LOL

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I take photos of all my quilting work, my crafts, and keep them in a 3 ring binder which I take with me from time to time to "show and tell" others.

Blog Entries
    I started a "journal" when I got into quilting, kind of a blog to myself with pictures inserted where wanted. Stopped doing it for some reason, but now do a journal for each quilt with pictures. Also have quilt pictures in their own folders that pretty much follow the progress on each one.

I DID - on the computer - then it CRASHED - all gone now

Sadly I have not. I get one now and then, and am try to get better.

I have taken photos of almost all of my quilts and other projects - except for two that I made for girlfriends going through cancer treatments. I miss these quilts and want to take pix of them with their owners!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    I DID - on the computer - then it CRASHED - all gone now
    Oh, the pain!! So sorry! Reminds me I must copy to a DVD right now!

I'm keeping a record. Right now I go back and look at those first few blocks that I donated to a group for children's quilts a few months ago and realize, wow, I made some bad choices for a first time quilter. Who'd have guessed squares and triangles can be so hard?

I use the pictures as a learning experience as well as a record of work. I don't want to forget some of those lessons.

I started a "Work list" about ten years ago and kept a record of my projects and some notes about events in it. It is on the computer but I download to CD updates every once in awhile. I also try to keep a pictures of my quilts and quilted projects since I also give most of my work away.

Blog Entries
    I forget to take pictures before I send things off :roll: so I am trying harder to remember LOL
    It is nice to be able to look back on all that you make over the years :D:D:D

I take several digital pictures of each finished quilt and keep them on the computer. Some of them I need to apply for a quilt show, most of them I put on my private homepage. And of course I want to show them here!

I keep a project list of ideas, actual projects, progress dates, and finished dates.

I also take pictures and put them on Picasa..if my computer crashes, at least they are still there. I have missed a few at the beginning, but have most of them. I have started a blog and have them on that also.

I also started putting pictures of quilts in frames and hang them on the wall in my sewing area...right now I am a little behind in that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast