Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you quilt/sew daytime, evening or night time? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-quilt-sew-daytime-evening-night-time-t40522.html)

farscapegal 03-24-2010 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
I quilt whenever. It could be morning, evening or the middle of the night.

Same here. I sew all the time.

Sybil

raptureready 03-24-2010 03:39 AM

I quilt anytime I can--whenever the urge hits. The time I try to avoid using the sewing machine is if I'm really tired because I make frustrating mistakes. Usually when I'm tired is when I do my hand stuff instead. Sometimes if I wake in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep, I'll sew then.

brookemarie19 03-24-2010 04:03 AM

I quilt whenever life lets me... Usually when the baby takes a nap. Life just seems to get out of the way lately, but when it slows down I get as much done as I can.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-24-2010 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
I quilt whenever. It could be morning, evening or the middle of the night.

Me too, when ever I get a chance.

amandasgramma 03-24-2010 04:13 AM

I quilt whenever I'm awake! Yeah, sometimes I have to stop to cook....LOL I'm retired so I can do what I want, when I want. Mostly I sew in the early mornings because it's too cold here to go outside to do anything. When it warms up I go out to the shop to the quilting machine. And I FORCE myself to clean house one morning of the week. I'm fortunate to have a DH that'll help with cooking, cleaning and vacuuming. And I'm KEEPING him!!!

dee
Central Oregon, USA

janRN 03-24-2010 04:42 AM

Since I semi-retired I quilt most afternoons for about 3-4hrs. I learned the hard way not to quilt when I'm tired and working with black thread and fabric and it's dark: sewed my finger!!
Dee: if you won't give up DH could I borrow him? LOL. My DH starts prowling around the sewing room about 5 o'clock looking hungry. I guess that's a hint to quit sewing and go get dinner (I use the crockpot 2-3 days a week). Cleaning? Well, let's just say it's a good thing we don't have dust allergies!

kkbrand 03-24-2010 04:46 AM

I work full time outside of the home so mainly I quilt when I can squeeze in time in the evenings.

My husband works full time in ministry and heads up our bible study group on thursday evenings so homework has taken priority up to this point. I usually spend time on Wednesday evenings sewing while my husband takes a nap, then when he goes back to work on Wednesday after the children bible clubs I will sew some more.

I like to sew on Saturdays as well when I dont have other responsibilities around the house.

It is hard to find the time. I wish I was at home and could sew daily but I cant right now. One of these days when I retire I may be able to do that!

fun2quilt 03-24-2010 05:43 AM

I don't work, so I get to quilt whenever I want, as long as I remember to stop and feed DH and the dogs:)I have learned that quilting late at night is not a good thing for me, to many mistakes.

kygirl 03-24-2010 06:07 AM

I sew anytime, since I've retired. When I start on a new project, I cannot quit until it's done, a lot of times I sew around the clock, then sleep. DH keeps the household running.

Keaghank 03-24-2010 06:15 AM

I work two jobs and am trying to plan a wedding so... I quilt when I can! Mostly evenings and weekends. If I get a Sat. or Sun. off, I'll lock myself up with my sewing machine for hours :)