Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you quilt/sew daytime, evening or night time? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-quilt-sew-daytime-evening-night-time-t40522.html)

woody1229 03-24-2010 10:26 AM

Until recently, I was working full time and could only quilt on the weekends. Weekday evenings are filled with autistic son's homework, making dinner, listening to DH's day, etc.. I was laid off a few weeks ago, and I find that I am LOVING having time during the day to quilt! Am about to finish my second quilt in a couple of weeks!

I've been working on a train quilt for my son that involves hand-applique of hundreds of little railroad ties, so I always take this along with me when I need some handwork to do!

cjomomma 03-24-2010 10:47 AM

Morning, noon and night which ever turns out to be the most convient time for me.

Rebecca VLQ 03-24-2010 11:08 AM

I can cut during the day if the kids aren't too crazy. Sewing in the evening, while daddy does the baths.

sewingladydi 03-24-2010 12:16 PM

Whenever I can!

dkabasketlady 03-24-2010 08:10 PM

I quilt whenever I'm feeling well. I'm on disability (sew I don't work) and my time is my time! I try not to sew when my DH is home unless he's watching something on TV that I'm not interested in, then off to the sewing room I go!

dkabasketlady 03-24-2010 08:11 PM

I quilt whenever I'm feeling well. I'm on disability (sew I don't work) and my time is my time! I try not to sew when my DH is home unless he's watching something on TV that I'm not interested in, then off to the sewing room I go!

adudek 03-25-2010 04:10 AM

I also quilt whenever I have the time. If I have to get something done for a specific time I quilt every evening (I work full time during the day) and when I get up on the weekends.

I would much rather quilt than watch TV or clean.

Ann Marie

danmar 03-25-2010 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by adudek
I also quilt whenever I have the time. If I have to get something done for a specific time I quilt every evening (I work full time during the day) and when I get up on the weekends.

I would much rather quilt than watch TV or clean.

Ann Marie

Me too! Or Cook!

kwhite 03-25-2010 04:37 AM

Do you quilt/sew daytime, evening or night time?

Answer:
YES

Deb watkins 03-25-2010 04:38 AM

Though I work full time, I sew (or am in the sewing retreat)a bit every day. I usually do marathons on Saturday - have been known to start at 10am and still going at it at 12:30 or 1am. It is my husband (who is an avid golfer - so no interruptions there) and a 25 year old DD, who has two boys 6 & 3. The boys are always watching me and love to help sew in short attention spans. The 6 year old wants to make a Transformers quilt...what a way to pass down the knowledge! Hmmmm.....dishes or sew....vacuum or sew.....sleep or sew - well that does pose a problem at times!