Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   does anyone own this machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-own-machine-t132813.html)

verlena 06-25-2011 04:19 PM

Never use canned air on any sewing machine. It blows all the lint under the body of the machine where all your gears and greas are. The only way to clean that out is to take it to adealer and pay good money to get it cleaned.

madamepurl 06-25-2011 04:38 PM

Looks very similar to my Janome 3160 and I love her. She's just a little workhorse and does great FMQ.

Elizabeth-Liz 06-25-2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Lady in WA
Kenmore Computerized Sewing Machine With 110 Stitch Functions

if so what's your thoughts on it? is is sturdy or cheap plastic? Its alot like my brother csi6000 which I WILL NOT BUY AGAIN. Two machines . both lasted 3 yrs then started messing up. I'm using my older Kenmore, but would like to save for a newer one.

I have this one and just love it. I also have a Brothers Es2000 and love it also. I would not give for either. The Kenmore has been a wonderful machine and the only reason I got the Brothers was I wanted a lighter machine to take to classes, etc. I am a clumsy and I am afraid that I would drop my Kenmore and ruin it, so now I have one that travels and one that stays at home. I do use both at home. They have different stitches, so I enjoy them both. I do my quilting on the Kenmore.

Carol Jean 06-25-2011 05:26 PM

I have 4 computerized sewing machines. The pc boards have went out on 3 of them twice. The cost to replace the boards are very expensive. But my vintage all metal machines just keep on going. I love the old Kenmore machines with the cams, the 401-500 series Singers. The Singer machines in the 401-500 do not take a belt, they are gear driven. Most have 3 needle positions, zig zag, cams, or builit in stitches, & drop feed dogs. A walking foot is easy to use on these machines. I guess it's everyones' own preference.

Carol Jean 06-25-2011 05:32 PM

I keep a real close check on my machine. My brush is always handy. Clean, clean, clean. Some threads have more lint than others . I usually always use cotton, unless I am embroidering. After a project I always take my race, shuttle, bobbin case, etc. out and clean everything.

Earleen 06-25-2011 05:48 PM

I got an old Kenmore 1947 for $10.00 cabinet and all.with many needles, bobbins etc. Talk metal.

Pbecker 06-25-2011 05:53 PM

I have an all metal kenmore that's 37 yrs old, and I love it. I fmq all the time with it. My machine guy tunes it for me once a year.

Susan Hansen12228 06-25-2011 06:18 PM

Kenmore doesn't make anything. Sears contracts out to vendors and whomever has the best price is awarded the contract. This goes for everything with the Kenmore label. That is why the quality isn't what it used to be, because the vendors change.

charlotte625 06-25-2011 06:23 PM

I got little vaccumn that fits my big rainbow and clean my machines with it.....it does a good job.

llcathey 06-25-2011 07:57 PM

I have a Janome 2160C and love it,had no idea that Kenmore and Janome were by the same, I learn something new everyday even at the vast age of 64 :)