Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does quilting bring you comfort? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-quilting-bring-you-comfort-t191516.html)

Raggiemom 06-12-2012 04:55 AM

It is very peaceful and relaxing. And to top off the relaxation, you have something to show at the end.

carslo 06-12-2012 05:42 AM

Absolutely! I try and sew everyday - it keeps me busy and that keeps me happy and calm. Thank goodness I married a man that understands that just because I am not sitting right beside him - doesn't mean I do not love him.

needles3thread 06-12-2012 05:51 AM

I agree with all this.......very much so...........unless I am struggling with some new technique or
problem area of the process.

quiltsRfun 06-12-2012 05:53 AM

Yes, some days I just want to sew. Maybe it's the sound of the machine. Or maybe it just takes my mind off the worries of the day. But even if I only sew a couple of blocks I feel good and know I've accomplished something.

jcrow 06-12-2012 05:55 AM

My dog guards my door while I'm sewing so I'm not interrupted and I sometimes spend all day sewing. Poor husband some days has to fend for himself. He doesn't mind because he knows I'm in a very good mood when I'm in my sewing room. I'm always at peace in there. Well, usually, unless I made some big mistake and then I'm cussing and unsewing and throwing my fabric down and stomping out of my room and plomping down on the couch for a few minutes. Then I get back up and go back in and pick up my fabric and fix my mistake and relax and continue on. It is so soothing. I think my dog likes me best when I'm in there. He guards me from inside the room. A lot of times he comes up to me to be petted and snoop around and check on me, but he knows I'm always at peace in there. I love my sewing room!!

barny 06-12-2012 06:11 AM

My sewing room is upstairs. My family knows when I say"I'm upstairs", they know what I'm doing. I can go into the messyest sewing room, sit down by my machine with a cup of coffee and just sit there. I'm also at peace. LOL

gramajo 06-12-2012 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 5283224)
Not only does every aspect of quilting bring me comfort, I actually seem to go into withdrawels if I don't do something quilting related for several days in a row.

You and me both. If I can't quilt for awhile, I get very grouchy!

LadyElisabeth 06-12-2012 03:26 PM

Quilting is comforting unless I am trying to finish something for the TV program that I need to film for the program the next day Then it's push, push, push.

Lori S 06-12-2012 03:36 PM

Yes it does bring me comfort..its funny how I can get such pleasure from some really basic things like that pefect crisp point, a beautifully pressed block..yet I find ironing any thing else a real chore.
I have had days that it brought stress.. not many but when it does its time to do something else.

Ccorazone 06-12-2012 03:38 PM

Absolutely!!! I've been feel poorly the last frw days with a sore throat and I told my daiughter, "I'll be glad when this is over so I can get back to quilting. I'm alway wanting to get the current quilt completed so I can start the next one that I have in my mind.