Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your hubby also sew or quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-hubby-also-sew-quilt-t45574.html)

Butterflyblue 05-13-2010 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
Will attempt to make me anything I need to make things easier for me to quilt. Will help me match colors and such as that.

My husband is very handy and can make or fix nearly anything I need. And he doesn't like to admit it, but he has a better eye for color than I do, and I often ask his opinion on matching colors.

sahm4605 05-13-2010 06:23 AM

I can't get my hubby near needle and thread unless it is picking it up off the carpet so ds/dd doesn't eat it or crawl/step on it. He also gets mad at me when I drop my pins. I wish my hubby was more supportive of me finding a hobby. I tolerate and try to support him in his hobby of computer gaming.
I think that when the kids are grown and gone I will be in my sewing room sewing(because by then I will have a room to sew in hopefully) and he will be on the computer where ever it is playing his games. only seeing each at bed or at meals. hehe unless I can convert him to sewing. I wont hold my breath though.

tadpoles_62 05-13-2010 06:27 AM

no way and doesn't want to talk about it. my biggest fan is my baby g-son he loves all the petty quilts i make and wants to take tham all home. lol :D

damaquilts 05-13-2010 06:47 AM

That is so neat. How great to have a partner that likes the same things you do.

(Saw your chi's cute. Interesting little dogs. I have 2 I am fostering now. Never had them as fosters before and the only dog that bit me in 6 years was a chi. lol )

Dianne10 05-13-2010 07:37 AM

NOT AT THIS TIME. HE HAS BOUGHT THE MATERIAL TO MAKE
A QUILT BUT HASN'T STARTED. MY BROTHER IN LAW MAKES
QUILTS ALL THE TIME AND EVEN TEACHS OTHER PEOPLE TO MAKE THEM.

Covered in Threads 05-13-2010 08:08 AM

My hubby is very supportive. Actually likes to shop in quilt stores and pick out fabrics for my next projects. He even went so far to attend a few classes with me only to find out he didn't like the sewing part. He will cut out blocks, patterns and pieces for me when getting ready for craft shows we do together. He does the cooking, laundry and cleaning when I have deadlines. All and all he is a keeper.

damaquilts 05-13-2010 08:26 AM

Where do you guys find these men?? Lol I want one for my daughter. I am way past wanting one for me

sylslight 05-13-2010 08:56 AM

my DH sews when he has to on "HIS" antique sewing machine. and he always is saying that His machine sews tighter and better then both my antique and my newer machine...all three are singers. I have tried to tell him its all about the tension and width of the stitches, but you cant tell him anything.

Plus, he cant sew a straight line, or cut one for that matter, to save his life, and he knows it. so usually i am the one who sews stuff up, but he tries :-D :D

kittycats 05-13-2010 10:15 AM

I can only wish

foxyquilter 05-13-2010 10:24 AM

Mine doesn't quilt, he carves. He does small things and also chainsaw carves. He sells a lot of his carvings. I wish people were willing to pay what quilts were worth.