Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Eleanor Burns came to my house....WOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eleanor-burns-came-my-house-wow-t234922.html)

Iraxy 11-18-2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Milli (Post 6410591)
I clean after every project time is wasted cleaning during a project.
that my story and I'm sticking to it.

Could not have said it better! LOL

mighty 11-18-2013 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Milli (Post 6410591)
I clean after every project time is wasted cleaning during a project.
that my story and I'm sticking to it.

My thoughts too!!!!

dianeinsterling 11-18-2013 08:19 AM

I find it amazing where threads and scraps turn up!:)

fireworkslover 11-18-2013 08:33 AM

One bad side effect when you leave threads on the floor and have a chair with wheels, is that all those threads get stuck in your chair wheels. It's a chore to get them out, since most wheels don't come apart these days. A needle-nose pliers & a seam ripper are the tools you have to use. Hope you don't get sore fingers!

Tink's Mom 11-18-2013 10:22 AM

I thought she lived here! I need to get a different color carpet...this one shows way to many threads..

MargeD 11-18-2013 11:43 AM

I do believe that she sneaks in at night to spread scraps and threads everywhere. I was selling Bow Tucks bags, as well as other quilted items at a craft fair on Sat., and I kept picking threads off them all day long. LOL. Those pesky threads follow you everywhere. I do like her seemingly carefree attitude about scraps and threads, she has a great sense of humor.

HouseDragon 11-18-2013 12:05 PM

*LOL* I used to obsessively put every tiny unusable fabric piece in the trash basket next to the table. One day my DH had moved it elsewhere. I'd just watched Eleanor on RFD channel and thought "What the heck!"

How liberating! Now Eleanor visits me every night. :D

We have marble tile floors, so the cleanup is a breeze: a couple of minutes once a week and the whole quilting room floor is clean ... a few more minutes and the upstairs floors are all vacuumed.

Did I mention that the first thing we did when we retired is rip out every dang carpet in the house? :)

BuzzinBumble 11-18-2013 12:53 PM

You all are so funny with your posts here.. Thanks for the many laughs you've brought to my day.
we had a cat who compulsively ate string. He cleaned off a whole fishing pole once and devoured my daughters violin bow. It is a wonder this habit did not kill him. And our dogs seem to find pins, even when I think I have been extremely careful. So that has sometimes given me scares, but otherwise I won't sweat the small bits of fabrics if they miss the trash cans.

wordpaintervs 11-18-2013 01:54 PM

Julie, I love what you wrote. Eleanor not only came to my house but she took over every room in it. GGL

Judie 11-18-2013 03:17 PM

Is THAT what happens!! I didn't realize it was Eleanor... Here all this time I thought it was just that my sewing room was so excitied to see me that it EXPLODED with joy! I know everything is always out waiting for me to come in for a visit. :-) Yikes!