Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Eleanor Burns came to my house....WOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eleanor-burns-came-my-house-wow-t234922.html)

debbiemarie 11-18-2013 04:41 PM

A GENIUS mind cannot be bothered with rubble, total focus gets it done right.

DJ 11-18-2013 04:47 PM

LOL! This is such a great thread! I have three strategically placed waste baskets, together with a box to throw usable (but not by me) scraps in (intended to mail to a QB member when the box is full). I still have a EB mess to clean up. What fun!

Earleen 11-18-2013 08:02 PM

I love the Elanore method of sewing, scraps, thread etc. all on the floor and then sweep it up. I do have containers to put it in, never seems to get into them. She visits here often.

butterflies5518 11-18-2013 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gladys (Post 6410805)
LOL that's my kind of quilter.

I so agree, I would be having way to much fun to care! I find snippets long after I have cleaned up. Even when changing the sheets every week! They just follow me everywhere.

twinkie 11-19-2013 04:17 AM

I love it when I see her just throw a scrap over her shoulder. So cute.

SueSew 11-19-2013 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 6409953)
Isn't that what the floor is there for, to catch the scraps and threads???

But not the pins! I take time to magnet them up whenever I take a break. :)

The one I wouldn't want to see is Bonnie Hunter - she would be crawling all over the floor and rummaging through my paper bag full of scraps and bits, and she'd probably find enough material to make a quilt! Anything too small for a leader/ender, out it goes, in my opinion!

SueSew 11-19-2013 04:51 AM

I wonder if that is why Julia Child was so messy ... no time to clean up when you are busy making a fancy French dinner! I just thought it was part of their charm

Stashelf 11-19-2013 06:53 AM

my sewing room gets picked up every other week, the day before the Molly Maids come.

misseva 11-19-2013 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 6409907)
I have adopted the Eleanor Burns method! I find it easier to clean up all those threads and snips at the end of a sewing day , rather than trying to keep up. Oh sometimes I take a break and tidy , but I let the snips fall where they may. I think El was on to something when she started just tossing.

I adopted this method also. After aiming at and missing the trash can at least half of the time, I thought "why bother"?
It's just easier to use my long handled dustpan and broom to sweep up before I leave the room. Now I don't throw usable scraps on the floor - I have some small baskets sitting along the edge of my ironing table that I drop scraps into. The only stuff that goes on the floor is too small to sew with.

tuckyquilter 11-19-2013 03:14 PM

That woman is everywhere... and so are the threads, tiny slivers of scraps and lordy knows what else on the floor... lol