Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Eleanor Burns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eleanor-burns-t164247.html)

Rose Marie 10-30-2011 05:09 AM

She is so generous with her videos and instructions they are free on her website.
She is in touch with what we need as quilters. When you watch a video she supplies all the information needed so you can make it without the pattern.
Her rulers are amazing for making accurate HST and flying geese yet she also includes instructions on how to cut without her rulers.

joycecil 10-30-2011 05:15 AM

Guess I'll check her out.

veryvirginia 10-30-2011 05:26 AM

I have met Eleanor Burns, bought her books, made her quilts and watched her shows whenever and wherever I cn find them. She is a hoot! She is a very sweet person with a sense of humor. I understand why quilters keep quilting when she clues you in with bits of history here and there. She is an icon in the quilting world and for a very good reason. She loves what she does.

didi 10-30-2011 05:33 AM

I love her books {have serveral}and hope to meet her some day.

Caswews 10-30-2011 05:36 AM

Eleanor is a good lady and has a great teaching technique! To overcome all she had to, and build the empire with her kids helping her, she is great !! love her techniques and books as well !

happystitchermm 10-30-2011 05:43 AM

I was ona bus trip last spring and they told us we were to meet Eleanor Burns in person in Paducah. When we got to Paducah,she was teaching a class and did not know anything about the meeting. She came out of her class for 15 min and talked to us on the bus and signed anything we wanted. She has me hooked from now on.

Veronica 10-30-2011 05:50 AM

I love her, she's fun and teaches you how to make great quilts.

dottientx 10-30-2011 06:10 AM

I'm happy to read so many love her. She may be a great teacher and a lovely person but I can't stand to listen to her programs. She acts like she's talking to a bunch of 1st graders who haven't a brain one and is talking like we're at our first day in school. We're adults, not children so talk to us like we're adults. Even the way she tosses her scraps of fabric over her shoulder is not for me. I hate it that she makes me feel this way but that's the way she affects me. I'm sorry Eleanor that you affect me that way but no thanks! I may be missing a lot but not when I end up feeling frustrated like she makes me feel.

NancyMaria 10-30-2011 06:13 AM

I met Eleanor at a quilt show and she autographed a book of hers that I purchased. She is just as patient, kind and sweet in person as she is n her show. Truly a lovely lady.

Stitchnripper 10-30-2011 06:14 AM

I love Eleanor Burns. I have a couple of her quilting books. I have watched her shows on TV when we could get them. Now I watch her free on her website. She has taught me so much, and I do enjoy the history in her shows, but haven't read any books by her on the topic.