Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Eleanor Burns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eleanor-burns-t164247.html)

Deborahlees 10-30-2011 06:39 AM

Her pattern books are excellent, very very detailed instructions....do watch her PBS shows, and yes I also do not like her voice and when she throws her scraps on the floor, that action drive me NUTS !!!!!!!!!

Mary T. 10-30-2011 06:44 AM

I really believe that Eleanor has done so much for the quilting world. Her "quilt in a Day" books helped many new quilters, (My 12 year old took a workshop and in a day she had completed the top for a Single Irish Chain lap quilt.She was hooked!)
I have attend two workshops at Eleanor's Classroom/shop in Calif. and she is so down to earth. Love her!!

gramarraine 10-30-2011 06:45 AM

I love Eleanor Burns. I have met her twice and she was very nice both times. I think she is a very gifted quilter and teacher. All of the patterns I have used are very easy to follow.

fishhavengirl 10-30-2011 06:49 AM

I learned how to make log cabin quilts from her. She's a true pioneer in the quilting world. She has the ability to take a complicated pattern and make it easy to understand. If it weren't for her I don't think we would be "Stripping" today. She's fabulous and especially love her book Victory Quilts 1940's Sampler Quilts. Long story short she took the fear out of quilting for me.

colwoods 10-30-2011 06:52 AM

I have met her and taken two of her classes. We have had her as a visiting instructor twice at our guild retreats. Her classes are wildly popular and always fill. She is a lot of fun and very nice.

dls 10-30-2011 07:08 AM

My very first class project was based on an Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day tablerunner.

WisWis 10-30-2011 07:22 AM

I have become an Eleanor Burns fanatic-always watching her videos on the computer.

Emmy Sue 10-30-2011 07:34 AM

My very first quilt was a Log Cabin with the directions found in a magazine article about Eleanor Burns. Have many of her books and met her several years ago. She's a great teacher with a wonderful personality.

ajohn52 10-30-2011 07:37 AM

Watching her shows on local PBS is what convinced me that I too could learn to quilt. She made it look so easy. I was able to take a class with her when she came to Lincoln to teach at our Comm. College a few years back. She is such a nice person. Sadly, she is no long shown on our local PBS station. Miss her shows and sense of humor. She returned to Lincoln last week I think it was but I wasn't able to attend. She came to the International Quilt Museum here in Lincoln.

Wonnie 10-30-2011 07:42 AM

Believe it or not, there are a lot of people that just don't get into history and I think she's aware of that. She gives you just enough to make her quilts more interesting and to point out their origin but what she does give you historically is enough to spur you on to further research if you are interested in doing so.