Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embroidery Machine Users (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-machine-users-t206685.html)

Bcfernurse 11-24-2012 06:59 AM

Check out Marathon never had a problem...they have a web site

mjhaess 11-24-2012 07:27 AM

I use Madera or Sulky. I love them both....

TinkerQuilts 11-24-2012 08:00 AM

I use Madeira, Robison/Anton, Sulky and Floriani and don't have problems with any of them.

TanyaL 11-24-2012 08:22 AM

I would SERIOUSLY suggest that you buy the smallest spool from a manufacturer available, and only one spool. Try it and determine what needle works best with that brand with your machine; will your machine sew it very fast, medium or only slowly? I select a very, very dense - about 60,000 stitches design to try out thread on. If a brand will sew well in that environment I have never had it sew poorly in other designs. If your brand needs a different needle or speed for optimum usage (read to prevent breakage) keep a note of that in a notebook. Although you may prefer particular brands the time may very well come when only a not preferred brand has the exact-to-die-for color you want and you will need to know how you made it work in your machine. Also, just because brand A works wonderfully well in poly or rayon does not mean that it will be the go-to-brand for metallics. Those need to be tested separately. Some machines love metallics. Some call them MY CUSS CUSS CUSS COLORS! You have to love the independence of our machines.

mebesandee 11-24-2012 08:32 AM

I mostly use Robison Anton and Isacord. Poly mostly. I like that because it is washable and durable. My friend uses Sulky and swears by it. I haven't used it yet. I think it is mostly what your machine likes and how it is "fed" to the machine. My machine does really good if I use a thread holder beside so the thread has a farther way to go to the machine.

donna13350 11-24-2012 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by jeank (Post 5673766)
I use Metro thread. It is a lot cheaper than any of the brands mentioned and does a good job, looks nice.

I use poly. under 75 cents for a spool.

I use metro, too..can't beat the price and it looks every bit as nice as Madiera or Isacord, or any of the high priced threads. Their variegated threads are great, too!

Julielhs 11-24-2012 09:37 AM

I mainly use isacord and love it, I also use floriani it has a little sore shine to it, both are great

coconuts 11-24-2012 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by jeank (Post 5673766)
I use Metro thread. It is a lot cheaper than any of the brands mentioned and does a good job, looks nice.

I use poly. under 75 cents for a spool.

I use this also and buy their stabilzers and prewound bobbins. Never a problem and fast shipping.

labtechkty 11-24-2012 01:20 PM

Coats and Clark...have tried the other more expensive thread but keep coming back to them...never have had a problem and always stitches out great....

Traditional 11-24-2012 03:53 PM

Isacord is top quality.
I have tried sulky and maderia so fustrating,constantly breaking.