Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   fabric prices (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-prices-t78047.html)

gale 11-22-2010 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
One of our members, Favorite Fabrics, said that Moda was not going to increase prices. Nancy, am I correct?

Yes that's true.

brushandthimble 11-23-2010 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
One of our members, Favorite Fabrics, said that Moda was not going to increase prices. Nancy, am I correct?

the $11.49 a yard was on the new Moda line. Loved the fabric until I saw the price. Went to a different online shop and order 3 yards at $9.50 per yard. still higher than I like to spend; but it is hard to find a nice Christmas blue.

scrapykate 11-23-2010 03:38 AM

I got an email from LQS and she is having a fabulous Thanksgiving sale that starts Wednesday. going to stock up on some fabric and thread. I also love the discounted racks.

Japonica 11-23-2010 03:51 AM

To try and put a positive spin on things, this economy, I believe, is teaching us to go back to the basics of our grandparents and not be so wasteful. Yes, I have been guilty of that from time to time. Iwas forced into retirement 3 years ago and my DH is getting ready to retire in March. We have changed quite a few things in our lifestyle. Actually, through it all, I think it is for the better. Not so materialistic any more...other than my crafting stuff and now the new obsession...fabric stashing. Yep, I am a "border horder". Right on the edge!!

Tina BH 11-23-2010 04:31 AM

We have to REALLY take advantage of any coupons or sales- can't let anything slip by....i was fortunate that my mom had a giant stash that I received when she died. I think I can be busy for a long time!

illinois 11-23-2010 05:07 AM

What used to be $3.96 at WalMart is now $4.44 and the price on their flannels has been raised about the same. There was a blurb on national news this week about the price of cotton going up. I think there has been a crop failure somewhere on the planet that supposedly is the culprit. A fellow who bought a lot of cotton fabric to make pockets on jeans was finding that plain fabric is about 1/2 again as high. He was trying to hold the price of the jeans at usual prices but it was cutting into the profits, of course.

mar32428 11-23-2010 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
yep, I see the first sign that the prices are on the way up.

Just received an email from one of the local shops advertising a new line by Moda and the price is $11.49 a yard. This is the first time I have seen a price at $10 or more.:)

Sure cuts into being able to purchase for the stash. won't be happening:)

With repairs on the house, car etc, etc, and on a VERY fixed income, I will be sewing from my stash for sometime.

sandraphippard 11-23-2010 06:21 AM

what does LQS stand for?

Yellow Bird 11-23-2010 06:24 AM

I have found that the local quilt shop (LQS) prices are less than Beverly's Fabrics. Unless there is a sale.

Surprising considering the LQS is a much smaller operation.

chiaraquilts 11-23-2010 06:26 AM

LQS= local quilt shop