Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric Trimmings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-trimmings-t60557.html)

The Bag Lady 08-21-2010 06:54 AM

What part of Ky. are you located. I may be fairly close to take the fabric to you if you are interested. I live in Dayton Ohio.

cjomomma 08-21-2010 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by The Bag Lady
What part of Ky. are you located. I may be fairly close to take the fabric to you if you are interested. I live in Dayton Ohio.

Who are you referring too?

momymom 08-21-2010 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

What do you do with all your snippets and trimmings from blocks etc. Do you display them in a jar or save them in a box or what. I have quite a few and hate to throw them away.

Quilt Jelly!!!!

Melinda in Tulsa 08-21-2010 08:27 AM

What a cute idea with the dog ears in a jar! I save even the smallest snippets in a separate box and use them for pillow stuffing.

belmer 08-21-2010 08:52 AM

Every one of my snippets and trimmings go into a big box, this includes pieces of batting that are trimmed off before you are ready to add your binding.
When I have enough of them, I make a pillow case/form, stitch all the way around it but leave an opening for stuffing those trimmings into. then I close up the opening and make either a quilted pillow cover or just plaine fabric pillow cover. Not a single thing get's waisted around my sewing room, even the pillow form is made from either scraps of fabric or actual pillow cases I picked up at a garage sale really really cheap! and then they are cut down and made into smaller pillow forms.

aurora41 08-21-2010 09:00 AM

I cut them to the smallest I can, keep them and when I have plenty of them I fill a neck pillow,or another small pillow for the grandchildren.

The Bag Lady 08-21-2010 09:03 AM

Thanks Mommymom-That is what I was thinking about doing.

np3 08-21-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by momymom

What do you do with all your snippets and trimmings from blocks etc. Do you display them in a jar or save them in a box or what. I have quite a few and hate to throw them away.

Quilt Jelly!!!!

Okay I love that jar. I am so going to do that!

Kaye-Kaye 08-21-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by np3

Quilt Jelly!!!!

Okay I love that jar. I am so going to do that!

Ditto!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-21-2010 09:44 AM

Quilt Jelly!!!!

That looks really cute!! I chuckle everytime I see your avatar b/c of your girl with the funny expression. Always makes me smile! The 3 of you are adorable :D