Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Foot pedal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/foot-pedal-t273920.html)

imsewnso 01-02-2016 06:50 AM

Just a thought. Try putting a piece of carpet under the chair legs you sit on and have extend to accommodate your pedal. On the bottom of the pedal put those some spikey Velcro. I use the puffy shelf liner and on one machine it works on the other it doesn't. Or if your floor is cement can you duct tape the pedal to the floor. Use the heavy duty stuff.

Becky's Crafts 01-02-2016 08:24 AM

I have used the rubber-no scoot-rug/shelf rolls under my foot pedal and it helped immensely. I also use it under my sewing machine when quilting outside on a plastic table on our deck. That also works great when I'm doing the FMQ out there!!

Littledreamdevil 01-02-2016 08:36 AM

You can use a computer mouse pad. That work well. My machine (in Cabinet) sits against the wall so I just push my Peddle against the wall and it has to stay there.

Tudey 01-02-2016 09:19 AM

I have a piece of 1/4 in plywood, slightly larger than my foot pedal and I glued some non stick shelf liner to both sides. It stays put on the carpet and my foot pedal stays put on it. Additionally, because I have it on the plywood, I can't accidentally step on the pedal when I don't want to!

janjanq 01-02-2016 12:19 PM

My husband built a little frame on top of a piece of plywood just big enough to surround the foot pedal. The plywood fits snugly between the legs of my sewing table. He also raised it a few inches so that my short legs could reach it better. (I'm only 4'10"). Works great!

mrs. fitz 01-02-2016 02:32 PM

I don't use a foot pedal, LOVE the start/stop button, but I read this hint years ago and used it very successfully until I got my new machine - turn the pedal around back to front. I don't know why it works but it does, or at least it did then.

Geri B 01-02-2016 07:31 PM

Went to Walmart to buy the self non skid stuff.......had to buy a whole roll for a small rectangle. Anyway, I put it under foot pedal, sewed. for about an hour and no movement..so it may work..for awhile anyway.......

matraina 01-02-2016 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Littledreamdevil (Post 7421211)
You can use a computer mouse pad. That work well. My machine (in Cabinet) sits against the wall so I just push my Peddle against the wall and it has to stay there.

I tried this but it didn't work for me.

marge954 01-02-2016 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by janjanq (Post 7421423)
My husband built a little frame on top of a piece of plywood just big enough to surround the foot pedal. The plywood fits snugly between the legs of my sewing table. He also raised it a few inches so that my short legs could reach it better. (I'm only 4'10"). Works great!

Same problem (4'11")! Hubby built a box so that I could keep both feet even which keeps my sciatica from acting up.
The bottom of the box has a handle on the short side and a door that opens on the bottom so I can carry my rotary cutter, rulers, mat and other tools when I go to classes or bees.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539278[/ATTACH]

Jingle 01-02-2016 11:03 PM

I have tried felt pads, sticky pads,foam mats to stand on in kitchen and hard telling what else and nothing works.I don't remember having a problem when I use to make clothes.