Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Foot pedal >

Foot pedal

Foot pedal

Old 12-31-2015, 04:10 AM

Default Foot pedal

I am so very tired of trying to keep that thing from scooting all over.....It sits on a cement floor..I have tried industrial strength Velcro, scrap of carpeting, even tied it to the leg of my table with a " leash" like a dog.....still keep skootching....my older Viking foot pedal...bigger...stays put...this little thing has feet, I swear! Saw something on Pinterest....again, there......uses 2 layers of that non stick shelf stuff, cut a bit bigger, bound with fabric (2 1/2")strip.....before I do it, does it work? Anyone tried that? Or what is your solution? Yes, I have the start/stop button...never got into that, but may be last resort......
Old 12-31-2015, 04:18 AM

I set mine directly on a piece of non-slip shelf lining stuff, I didn't even bother with material. So the foot pedal sits directly on the rubber lining and the lining sits directly on the floor. I set a piece underneath my sewing machine too. That thing was sliding all over the place while I was sewing. I swear these things have a life of their own!
Old 12-31-2015, 04:19 AM
Power Poster

There have been previous posts about the shelf liner working. I should try it out too.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:25 AM

Mine sits on a small non-skid bathroom rug. Works like a charm and keeps my foot happy as a bonus.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:34 AM

When I use my foot pedal I place it on a length of that kitchen shelf stuff, it stays put no problem. My problem when using pedal is called a dog. She insists on resting her head either on my foot while I sew or on the foot pedal when I move my foot. Unfortunately she doesn't make the machine go when I want it or at the speed I want.
i also put kitchen shelf stuff under my machine especially when I quilt and am constantly pushing and shoving the quilt.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:49 AM

I bought one of the Pedal Stays. We finally had to duck tape it down to the floor mat. The pedal didn't really scoot, but the Stay itself did.

Velcro probably holds pretty well if you can get it to stay put on the flooring. Since I'm using a floor protector, any tape sticks to that and will not damage the floor. The trouble with Velcro is cat hair, thread and dust. Heavy duty Velcro might work better.

We've even put tape on the bottom of the pedal and stuck it to the mat. That comes loose after a while, too.
I've never had any luck with the shelf liners things.

If the floor is cement, and can eventually have a solvent used on it to clean up tape, tape it down. Put some stuff on the bottom of the pedal, too.

Why not try looking at a non-slip mat for a garage? How many keep their garage floor clean enough to eat off of and grease free? They might not be pretty, but if they work -----
If they are rubber type, you can cut them.

Last edited by Weezy Rider; 12-31-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider View Post
Why not try looking at a non-slip mat for a garage? How many keep their garage floor clean enough to eat off of and grease free? They might not be pretty, but if they work -----
If they are rubber type, you can cut them.
Or those foam mats they have for standing in front of the kitchen sink?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
There have been previous posts about the shelf liner working. I should try it out too.
doesn't work for me.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:00 AM

The thicker shelf liner or rug stay works great! It's the one with the small puffy squares. I use it under my scooting serger pedal--no more movement. Now and then it needs to be washed off to remove collected lint, bits of thread and dust, and it will work like new again. This is on a hard floor. I haven't tried it on carpet.

I would think fabric sewed around the edges would reduce friction and not work as well. You really want the rubber to the floor! Lol
Old 12-31-2015, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

A slightly different viewpoint - I consider stretching for the foot pedal to be exercise. As long as I can still reach it!