Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone bought one of these or even seen them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-bought-one-these-even-seen-them-t182515.html)

twinkie 03-13-2012 02:58 AM

DH always reads the instructions on anything new (I am not that precise) and he adjusted the tension for me. It cuts just fine and I think you have to play with it to learn how to guide the material in the groove. Mine works much better if I have the machine sideways so I can feed the fabric in (somewhat how a sewing machine works). It reminded me of learning how to sew a 1/4" seam accurately. I don't think I am going to return it just yet. I was able to get some pretty accurate strips with it. I am sure it would be great for scrapbooking also. Thanks for all the reviews from you ladies.

gammaginny 03-13-2012 03:01 AM

I have one, and it is very difficult to get an accurate cut if it cuts at all. The blade never quite cuts all the way through. I have adjusted it many, many times with no luck. It just sits on a shelf. Sorry. It is quite expensive for a machine that doesn't really work.

Ginny

Drumrunner1966 03-13-2012 03:12 AM

I bought one anD returned it the next day. Quicker and more accurate to just use my mat amd rotary cutter.

grann of 6 03-13-2012 03:51 AM

This is just my opinion, but I have seen it too, thought it was rather pricey for something that just cuts strips. I have the June Tailor slotted cutting mats and find them excellent for jelly rolls and charm squares. I tend to shy away from the gadgets as they always end up in the back of my closet not being used. My DH used to get me gadgets too. Remember the electric scissors?!?!?!

auntpiggylpn 03-13-2012 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5055774)
This is just my opinion, but I have seen it too, thought it was rather pricey for something that just cuts strips. I have the June Tailor slotted cutting mats and find them excellent for jelly rolls and charm squares. I tend to shy away from the gadgets as they always end up in the back of my closet not being used. My DH used to get me gadgets too. Remember the electric scissors?!?!?!

I love my June Tailor slotted ruler too! I have almost all the strip dies for my accuquilt and I still find myself cutting the strips by hand!!! I haven't even used the strip dies once!!!

jaciqltznok 03-13-2012 04:36 AM

good luck, in the industry this is known as an egg....meaning it does not work worth diddly.the concept is good, the marketing ploy is good(as in you think you can cut jelly rolls), but it is hard to hang on to the fabric and get a straight cut, you have precut strips to fit the space and you can not do more than one layer at a time!

onaemtnest 03-13-2012 04:41 AM

I found your comment that you're finding that it cuts 'fairly accurately' interesting. I would want consistently accurate. With the price of fabric putting it through this device I would expect accurate every time and to be user friendly from the get go.

Saving money in not having to replace mis-cuts of fabric and saving time would be bottom line for me, in determining if this device was something I would want taking up space.

Lavada 03-13-2012 04:45 AM

Have never seen one and guess from all these nice quilters here i do not want one

Grannyh67 03-13-2012 04:56 AM

I bought one and took it back. I hated it. It didn't work right. Maybe you will have better luck.

hoppa 03-13-2012 04:57 AM

have seen them but have passed on buying one