Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone bought one of these or even seen them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-bought-one-these-even-seen-them-t182515.html)

sguillot 03-13-2012 04:58 AM

I tried one and it didn't work so I returned it. Sounds like a good idea but I could never adjusted the way it was suppose to be and the fabric won't go in straight.

onaemtnest 03-13-2012 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5055797)
I love my June Tailor slotted ruler too! I have almost all the strip dies for my accuquilt and I still find myself cutting the strips by hand!!! I haven't even used the strip dies once!!!

I too have the June Tailor slotted rulers, and don't know what I did before I had them? Well yes I do, I spent a lot more time in cutting.

I'm really looking for the 'right' sale/coupon/discount to get the largest one that is available I think it's like 24" wide .... somewhere in the $60-$70 range @ regular price.

quiltymom 03-13-2012 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat (Post 5053254)
These work best if you either Best Press or starch your fabric first. Then the cuts are true and straight.

ali

My friend tried that and it doesn't work she still hates hers

Caswews 03-13-2012 05:23 AM

wow I sure am glad I read about this first -I WAS thinking of buying one ..

mythreesuns 03-13-2012 05:46 AM

I use to have one, and also took mine back as they did not cut exactly the same width the entire strip. I being a newbie cut my strips faster and better.. so thats not saying much for the machine. lol We have a friend who is an excellent quilter, and works at Joann's. she does not like this machine either, but she does like the bias one lots.

MaggieBB 03-13-2012 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat (Post 5053254)
These work best if you either Best Press or starch your fabric first. Then the cuts are true and straight.

ali

I have one of these, they are like everything new I have tryed there is a learning curve, the fabric should be starched and I had to learn th feed the fabric through strait, it does not feed the fabric through automaticaly, Just my 2 cents.

barefoot quilter 03-13-2012 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000 (Post 5052517)
I had one and never could get it to cut a perfect strip so I took It back. Good luck on yours.

same here i bought one and returned itthe same day. it also would not cut strate

bluadept 03-13-2012 07:39 AM

I got both this and one of the other machines. I could not get this one to cut a straight strip which is the purpose and the other one wouldn't work either. I took both of them back to joann's and I haven't missed them since.

Marysewfun 03-13-2012 08:41 AM

I think a lot of us are drawn to new things - I know I am. I kept looking at this and just couldn't figure out how you could get straight cuts on it - the bed doesn't seem long enough to give you good support and guide. After reading here, think I'll just keep using my rotary and ruler. There will be more goodies out there. This board is so wonderful with its information.

Marysewfun

mucky 03-13-2012 09:15 AM

Does anyone know of a moderate priced cutter like this that work?