Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever made the same quilt or other project twice? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-made-same-quilt-other-project-twice-t114446.html)

BeckiQuilts 04-09-2011 04:58 AM

For the first time ever, I am workig on a "repeat" pattern. Both queen size and hand quilted. First one for younest daughte, in the Blue Willow pattern, just blues on white, but this one is for oldest DD, in southwestern colors. This will be my last one with this pattern. It is pretty, but after nine or ten months, enough is enough!

mimee4 04-09-2011 05:06 AM

I've made Kwik Scrappy Star pattern about 8 times. It goes fast, is so pretty, each one different colors.

#1piecemaker 04-09-2011 05:08 AM

The Drunkard's path has like 80 different versions. So, yes, I have made several. and yes, a couple of them were the same variation. Differnt colors break the feeling of boredom.

redmadder 04-09-2011 05:12 AM

I tend to focus on one pattern and make variations of it. Like Log Cabin, a dozen different quilt tops. Grandma's Fan, Star of Bethlehem, Trip Around the World, String Quilts, just to name a few. I love trying different settings and color combos.

Grandma Peg 04-09-2011 05:14 AM

There are a few quilts I've made a few times but most of them are scrappy. It is so hard to use those scraps up especially since they keep having babies.

Becky Crafts 04-09-2011 05:17 AM

When I finish this SB Sue quilt, I'll be making another Jewel Box quilt in southwestern colors this time for my DH. I was talking to a friend about it the other day & his ears perked up & he became interested. I'm hoping I finally have a winner with him. It's the only pattern I've done more than once.

quiltingnana1 04-09-2011 05:23 AM

I have made one particular pattern several times, by request, for nieces... it is a fun pattern to work with, so I didn't mind. Might even do it again someday! :-)

On the other hand.... my list of "to do" patterns continues to grow! :lol:

ScrappyAZ 04-09-2011 05:27 AM

I made a "vacation" quilt for my best friend and her husband. We have been best friends for 45 years, and after becoming empty nesters, we have taken some wonderful vacations together. I found fabrics to signify certain vacations (hot air balloons for Albuquerque, patriotic for Washington DC, Asian for San Francisco, etc) and made snowball blocks out of them. Since I had so much fabric left over, I made a vacation quilt for my husband and me. It makes me happy to see the quilt and remember those special vacations.

Lori S 04-09-2011 05:27 AM

I can say i have made the same quilt block for quilts more than once. The log cabin block is so versitile and lends itself to use of scraps .. ( I seem to have lots of 1.5 inch strips in my scraps) so I 've done some version of the Log Cabin more than a few times.
But ... as far as my what I sell ... thats a diferent story. I have my own designs , and may make three of a specific color combo ( because some are wearable.. its the size thing). A few of the designs are so popular I can not phase them out... and hundreds of the same design ( color combo's are different) have been made and sold. I do not like the repitition of sewing the same thing , no creativity, no surprise.. just production. That being said ... taking an order for something I have already made is not my favorite thing to do... because at that point its just production work. I do create new designs every year for my own purpose , just as much as to stimulate the customer.
I need the sense of some creative adventure to bring me back to the machine. But I am , i suppose , not a typical sewer/quilter, once I am done with a project .. I am really done. I don't care if I ever see it again.

Midwestmary 04-09-2011 05:29 AM

Yes, by request - I've also used the same pattern for a tablerunner - made one for each season.