Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever used a quilt as a tablecloth? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-used-quilt-tablecloth-t112281.html)

sinceresissy 04-01-2011 04:30 AM

I have several table toppers that I have made and I love them because I can put hot things on the table without a hot pad. I usually just make it the size of the table top and don't have anything hanging or the edge. It works great.

dojo36 04-01-2011 04:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i live alone too so usually eat at computer while reading this message board. i made this especially for my little round kitchen table. i love it and so does everybody who comes over. i just run a sticky roller over it to pick up crumbs etc. when somebody does eat on it. in that case, i just throw a dish towel over it.

quilted tablecloth
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178101[/ATTACH]

ladydi64 04-01-2011 05:02 AM

Working on one right now, I'am putting the applique ants on now, slow process. I have one week to finish it, I hope I can get it done. It's called Ants Marching.

3TreeFrog 04-01-2011 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Or made one for that purpose?

Let's face it... you would be changing a tablecloth a lot more than you would a bed quilt. More opportunity to include the fabrics you love in your daily life!

Favorite Fabrics

Personally I have NOT, however there was someone who posted some the other day, and they were beautiful! Table runners are quilted, so I would have to say heck yeah!
TreeFrog

plainpat 04-01-2011 05:15 AM

I've made small ones...to cover an end table, rd ones for small round tables.I'm liable to toss a quilt anywhere, from the back of a sofa/chair to all size tables.Any I make to use that way doesn't have batting.

grandma anna 04-01-2011 05:25 AM

I never have but I saw some on here that are beautiful and looked so good that I want to try one myself.

TJB 04-01-2011 05:49 AM

I am making one now for christmass with thin batting.

tjb

BarbZ 04-01-2011 05:57 AM

I have ;made several. I made a smallquilt for my daughter for her couchback and she loved it so and tried it on her table and that is where it stayed. I put batik on the backing so she turns it over a lot to protect the front. spilled coffee once on it and it just bubbled and never sunk in the fabric.

MeMeX8 04-01-2011 06:05 AM

I have used quilts for tablecloths before, but a dear friend gave me a piece of advise after she had grape jelly leave a stain on one of hers that would not come out. Purchase a cheap clear table cloth and put it over your quilt. They are in the disposable or vinyl tablecloths in the stores. Such a life saver! Now I never use one of my quilts for this unless I have one of the clear ones to protect it.

judykay 04-01-2011 06:29 AM

Yes, I purchased a top at a garage sale and every spring it goes on my dining room table.