Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Have you ever used a quilt as a tablecloth? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/have-you-ever-used-quilt-tablecloth-t112281.html)

gramquilter2 04-01-2011 10:15 AM

I use quilts on my table all the time, I love the look you get that is different than the look of a tablecloth. I have made several just for that purpose.

sewingsuz 04-01-2011 10:43 AM

Yes I made a round one that is revesible. I put felt on the inside and it works real good. Don't have to use hot pad that way.

Lucy90 04-01-2011 10:58 AM

I made my first one and just used flannel for backing and then quilted it. I love it on my table and will make a few more to go with the seasons. It also is a good way to use up scraps

Jo M 04-01-2011 11:06 AM

I've always wanted to, but needed a round one and didn't know what pattern to use. Would love to see the one you made, Suzanne. Great idea using the felt.

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
Yes I made a round one that is revesible. I put felt on the inside and it works real good. Don't have to use hot pad that way.

GramaLaura 04-01-2011 11:12 AM

Oh yes....make them...use them...wash them and start over :-D

Silver Sandy 04-01-2011 12:12 PM

I'm in the 2 year process of making a Christmas tablecloth and the reverse side will be fall as the backing. I bought this as a kit two summers ago, but I started it on my mother in laws machine and will have to wait until this summer to finish it on her machine.

When I started this project, I had a smaller table, so I may have to put a store bought tablecloth underneath so it will fit.

When you put a light batting inside, it protects your table too.

I'm in the 2 year process of making a Christmas tablecloth and the reverse side will be fall as the backing. I bought this as a kit two summers ago, but I started it on my mother in laws machine and will have to wait until this summer to finish it on her machine.

When I started this project, I had a smaller table, so I may have to put a store bought tablecloth underneath so it will fit.

kjstewart 04-01-2011 12:15 PM

I have a few quilts that I made for the table and are seasons. They are much prettier than a plan old tablecloth. I used flannel to back them and did not use batting.

peggles 04-01-2011 12:19 PM

Quilts used as tablecloths are stunning; however, be careful when you serve beverages. Sometimes the quilting bulk causes the glass to tip over. Just use a clear shower curtain or glass over the quilt to protect it from accidents.
Peggles