Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   He/She Dies With the Most Fabric Wins? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/he-she-dies-most-fabric-wins-t90192.html)

IndyQuilter 01-14-2011 06:23 AM

I sent this to my husband. In the subject line I put "I need more." Can't wait to hear his reply. LOL

JAGSD 01-14-2011 06:26 AM

Wow!
I wonder if she taught classes....it always makes me sad to think of all the information and history that is lost.
The quilts in the background look beautiful!

IndyQuilter 01-14-2011 06:27 AM

I have a quote in my studio.

"She who dies with the most fabric isn't sewing fast enough!!

elseebee 01-14-2011 06:50 AM

My reaction is- wow, who FOLDED all that fabric and organized it for the sale? The lady who owned it may have had some organization in her home, but how did they move all that stuff and get it ready for the sale? (Just wondering if whoever did it would like to come stay at my house a couple of days!)

stitchinwitch 01-14-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by elseebee
My reaction is- wow, who FOLDED all that fabric and organized it for the sale? The lady who owned it may have had some organization in her home, but how did they move all that stuff and get it ready for the sale? (Just wondering if whoever did it would like to come stay at my house a couple of days!)

The auctioneers "team" and her 4 daughters organized and folded. They more or less grouped it by colors etc.

gramquilter2 01-14-2011 07:02 AM

Wow I don't have anywhere near that amount in my stash. I guess it's off to the LQS!

Dianne1 01-14-2011 07:04 AM

Wish I could run across any sale, or store like that. Hope you brought alot ome.

georgiat 01-14-2011 07:19 AM

Has anybody considered that she may not have purchased all this herself? She may have had a shop at some point or some of it may well have been gifts. In the bee I once belonged to we always gave fabric for gifts. It was not unusual to take home 10-15 yards for a birthday! Just a friendly thought. : )

Nanjun 01-14-2011 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Each of those flats with the fabric had at LEAST 25 yards each. It didn't look like it - but its true - another friend got a small one and I think there was more than that. Evidentally, this lady was known as the "best quilter" in Missouri. I didn't know her, but I'm sure she had a chuckle when she looks down and saw all the quilters salivating over her "treasures" - so! When you seee an auction advertised - EXPLORE it! -

Where in Mo. did she live?

Candace 01-14-2011 07:26 AM

She had a "reputation" as an awesome quilter. So, obviously she used it. Who cares about if her family recouped the money she spent on it. I surely don't live now to leave my family a rich inheritance when I die. I plan on living large and enjoying myself while I'm on this planet. So, instead of spending all this money on fabric, she could have invested it in the stock market and lost $200,000 of her retirement $ when the market crashed....at least she had the fabric!